Prologue

The night was everywhere, nowhere to hide, nowhere to run, the war has lasted forever and all we have been doing was killing, killing and killing. I am no better, but to survive, I have to, until the Queen of Slithers came.

No one knows what she looks like, or if she just looks like one of the tribes or mixed of everyone and with all powers no one could understand. For someone to be that, she had to be really good to become that kind of queen.

All we hear is how she got her powers and she has every fire breathing and rare powers of all dragons of Lubole. Sounds unreal and too good to be true. As a SlitherNight, for me, this is too much darkness, even for a Princess to handle. I cannot stay here and I must run away from here and get help.

With everything going on, all the tribes at war that has lasted over a century is starting to get really annoying and we need help.

Bodies from killings washing to our island of Night where no light dares to creep its way here. Getting started over a piece of land that land that most likely belongs to the Slither Queen.

"MOON! GET OUT HERE THIS INSTANT!" My mother, Queen Luna roared.

"COMING MOTHER!" I roared back.

This is getting insane. The war has worked up my mother so badly, sometimes she kills her guards because of things they said nice about other tribes. All she wants, like I do is the Slither Queen, Queen of all Slithers to come back and make things right.

Pretty sure right now, that's what every tribe wants. Except the SlitherFeathers. They have no part of the whole war because they didn't want that patch of land. Every tribe is wondering why, most think and say that the Slither Queen told them about it before she left to not fight over it.

I think the same thing but it's impossible. Why would she go to them, and not us? It makes zero sense. But yet, everything is questionable about what anybody does.

The land belongs to her and everyone knows that, so why keep fighting over it, it's no use.

As I slithered downstairs, I saw my mom talking to the SlitherFeather Queen who makes trips to other tribes on a monthly basis trying to tell them that this war should end, and every monthly visit, my mom always says, "I know".

Glorya was so majestic and she wasn't like the other SlitherFeathers. She didn't have feathers at all!

She had scales that turned colors each time showing her emotions and can end up being invisible. A Queen who can protect herself and others.

My father would always be escorting her out with my mother then sigh when the Queen of SlitherFeathers left and was out of reach from the cave to hear them talk. But this time, it felt different.

"Hey darling," my mother called out to me. "Glorya here was just telling us that the war is finally taking to an end."

The Queen nodded and slithered towards me. "It is going to end soon. As I was telling your mom, the Queens are starting to give up, but it is going to take several years for that to happen. You of any other dragon tribe should also help me. You have a kind and loving nature and you're a good Slither. Would you?" Her eyes looked hopeful, same as my parents.

Me? Asked to help? "What do my parents think of it?" I look towards my parents.

They both nodded.

"I spoke to them beforehand, and even told them you'll be coming with me in a few days if that's also alright with you." The SlitherFeather Queen was always like a second mother to me.

"OF COURSE!" I started flapping about and hugged Glorya.

She laughed. "Alright. I will come pick you up in three days so you can meet some of the guards at my kingdom. Some are gentle and kind, others stern but will take a liking to you once they meet you personally."

Glorya smiled and hugged me and went to hug my parents before leaving. She slithered her way far enough then took off, becoming invisible in the dark sky.

My parents gave me hopeful eyes, I knew that I couldn't let them down.