Chapter 8

Macaw felt eyes watching her as she woke up, buts that's not all she felt. Feeling the freezing scales from Frozen. She turned her head slightly, just enough to see Frozen and he had his wings spread across the floor, awake.

She turned her head back to her sleeping position, then she felt Frozen getting up. Is he protecting me? Why is he protecting me? We are from different tribes, Macaw thought to herself.

Macaw would really like to know because it's not normal for a SlitherIce to be protecting a SlitherFeather, yet she had this tiny feeling that this particular dragon had feelings for her.

Just the way he looked at her and especially protecting her like she was his territory seemed like a whole different level of protection she would need. What was normal, is that SlitherNights and SlitherFeathers protecting each other, since SlitherFeathers had to guide her through the many kingdoms. All the kingdoms.

She had to go back to the village without Frozen, because that would seem as if she was a traitor to her own tribe and she didn't want that, not if her throne was in danger now.

Macaw needed a way to talk to Frozen about staying where he was.

"Look, Frozen, I need to leave so the Queen doesn't think I left. She has her other guards stationed somewhere near here and I'd very much like for you to keep your head low and stay here for the time being."

Frozen shrugged. "Not like I have anywhere to go anyway. See you whenever you come back."

He must be depressed, just from his tone, it didn't sound like him. Or from what Macaw knew of him. It was still hard to reel in everything, about him having a twin brother with the exact same powers, deadly powers that can kill every dragon on Lubole.

With Frozen? He didn't even use it, just that once, and yet, Macaw still felt angry with him for killing her brother or sister. But there was also relief. If she had a sister, she probably would have died from a challenge with a sister or died unexpectedly, while she couldn't see her sister. Macaw wanted to make the SlitherFeather tribe great again.

Macaw took one more glance at Frozen and left, turning herself invisible so other SlitherFeathers can't see where she went. When she was flying, she can tell that the SlitherFeathers came out from hiding and was frantically trying to find Macaw. She didn't know how she mastered it on her own, without any help, but she was glad she did.

She was flying and saw the village up ahead, even the Queen talking to her subjects with Moon on the left side and Icicle on the other side, which was surprisingly frightening but Macaw knew that the Princess was nicer than her evil brother, evil Frozen, someone who doesn't kill random dragons, even though it's a war.

Macaw undone her invisibility and let out a loud road so everyone could hear. Everyone looked right at her, even her 'mother'.

"Macaw, darling, how did you know how to make yourself invisible? It took me ages to figure that out." Glorya asked.

She stared at her Queen for a long time. "Unlike you, I watch. Unlike you, I ask questions. Unlike you, I don't keep secrets. But I am willing to bring Moon on her journey, because I want this war to end."

Everyone was hushed and in silence. Macaw saw a few people speaking about how crazy she was and how this wasn't the SlitherFeather way, in challenging their Queen for the throne. She wasn't going to do it, not yet. If Glorya hasn't proved herself or changed for the better, Macaw would have no other choice.

"That dragon you all saw today, is a twin that supposedly killed my parents. But no, there is two Frozens out here. The Frozen that was blasted by Moon killed them. Not the one that was with me. He can control his ice scales like you all saw today. Am I frozen? No! Because the SlitherIce Queen has been trying to destroy us from the very beginning, so, Glorya..." She turned towards her mother. "Frozen is coming with us, along with Icicle." Macaw boomed.

Glorya saw fear run through her facial expression but she was able to keep her scales a nice royal purple and blue. Something Macaw would have to learn so her future subjects wouldn't be scared or worried about the emotions that run through her scales.

Macaw glared at her mother and the Queen nodded finally in response.

"This is dangerous!" Yelled on of the SlitherFeathers.

"This is absurd!" Yelled another.

One that Macaw caught, was surprised to hear. "Do you realize the danger you put us in? We are going to die by that fool! How do we really know that's there are two of them out there?" Gecko was talking. She even flew up besides the Queen to protect.

If they want to protect a liar, they can go right ahead. She growled to herself.

Then a cold swept through her scales. Not again.

It was Frozen, who got blasted by Moon not that long ago. "She's telling the truth. Of course, he has a secret about her, that none of you know. Should I tell them Macaw? It's only a matter of time."

"Know about what, huh? I don't even know myself!" Macaw roared with fury and tried to go after Frozen but was knocked out of the air by someone else who was cold.

She turned around and saw the other Frozen, looking up at his twin brother.

"Leave her alone!" He roared and blasted a breath of frost on the evil twin.

The evil twin looked amused. "This is what I was talking about. He cares about you. He's falling for you. That's why he was banned from the ice palace. He's weak."

Macaw couldn't believe it. She wasn't crazy after all.

"Leave him alone." She rose up to be face to face with the evil twin. "And get out, unless you want to have scales that will melt. And burn. Again!"

"Alright, alright, alright! Fine, but this isn't fun at all." Frozen took one more glare at his good twin and left.

Macaw looked at Frozen and he looked like he was in shock.