Chapter 1

As any other warrior in the kingdom, Macaw had to be nice to the SlitherNight that was coming. She was never nice to the others, so why is she so special? I'm not a nice dragon to begin with, Macaw thought to herself. Although, for the first time in what seemed like a long time, she gets to go out and see the other tribes for herself, instead of being acting Queen when Queen Glorya would always go on her business trips to talk to the other tribes.

She always wondered what the other tribes look like by now. Macaw would always be flying around the rainforest to check for any intruders or dragons that want to kill them, because they weren't in the war, but they didn't want to take chances at them wanting the land.

Lubole is all attached to the piece of land and it's the heart of our continent. All the other tribes want it, because it means more room and space. The land is full of magic and changes climates and habitats constantly, and when one dragon starts making their home with the others, the land will disappear and become that tribes territory.

Only the SlitherFeathers are protecting it and already Queen Luna, a Queen who is smart enough now to back out the war.

Macaw was Slithering around when she heard screaming down the village and flew down to inspect it carefully. As she was slithering, she saw that the Queen had arrived and was screaming at one of her guards, her scales turning into a dark red, showing anger.

She made her way to the door and asks what's wrong, and to her surprise, "Nothing Macaw. I'm just so tired of this war that it just needs to end. Now!"

Macaw looked toward the guard, seeing that it's Lizard, her best friend, particularly nervous that both she and Glorya were in the same room.

"What's wrong with you Lizard, you look nervous about something." Macaw asked.

"She will be coming with you on your journey, escorting Princess Moon to the other tribes," Glorya answered.

Macaw didn't know why Lizard would be so nervous about that, she always wanted to go see the rest of the tribes, and when she got a chance to, she looks frozen into place. Yes the other tribes are scary, but at least you have me! I'm not scared of anything! Macaw thought to herself.

Lizard slithered away, with her sky blue wings tucked to her sides. She was always scared to do anything that involves the other dragon tribes. Always so unsure of herself, but since the war, they trained everyone to become a warrior and help fight in the war, if they came to close to their border.

One thing for sure, the Queen didn't need any warriors to come with her, when she went to the other tribes. Since she can camouflage and turn into nothing, can't see her because of her invisibility, each time a dragon tried to attack, she becomes invisible.

She has been the longest Queen that stayed, and the first Queen to have those special abilities.

Macaw always thought to herself that maybe one of the guards that had that ability in his genes passes it on to her mother. It would explain everything but Queen Glorya didn't like talking much about her mother or father, to no one, especially her.

"I gotta get going, the SlitherNight is coming soon and I want to try and tell the others to at least behave." Macaw said with a rumble in her voice.

The Queen looked at her, "Of course! Haha, I'm leaving in a few days anyway to get her, and then when she is here, I have my bossing around to get back to!"

She didn't seem convinced that the young Princess SlitherNight could do what the Queen did, but by what Macaw can tell, if Glorya was asking the Princess to do what Glorya was trying to do, then she must be able to convince them better.

"How good is she anyway?" Macaw asked with curiosity.

Queen looked back up at Macaw, "Amazing actually. She convinced her own mother to stopband back down from the war when I was there. A few days before, but at least there is only eight tribes left to convince. It also didn't take her long to convince her either. A day or two."

She must be that good then! Wow! But it still doesn't count for how I don't trust the tribe at all. No tribe for that matter since they all started the war, while we live peacefully in the rainforest, Macaw thought.

Glorya seemed to go nuts about something that seems like she can't find. Everything just became tossed all over the place, books everywhere, everything everywhere.

She pointed for Macaw to go out and that's what she did. She slithered out of the hut that was now a complete mess and when she was on the flower covered platform, she spread her wings and flew up in the trees to try and find Lizard.