Chapter 10

There were arguments about the whole plan yesterday, doing the tribes Macaw had said in order but it was easily resolved at looking how it made more sense then doing a whole tour around the whole continent.

They might as well put a sign on their own back saying, "kill me now, I'm trying to end the war."

Macaw was disappointed that none of these animals had any common sense at all about their own survival and how it would be easier. She even realized how nervous Snowfall was when someone brought up going to the SlitherIce kingdom.

I don't blame him. If I was used just to kill other dragons, I would run away and never turn back, even if it means betraying the rest of my tribe. Macaw thought but her thoughts were easily interrupted by someone brushing their wings against hers.

She turned around and saw Snowfall standing right in front of her, smiling.

"What are you grinning about?" Macaw asked.

"Well, after what you told everyone yesterday, the plan to go all over the map, it's pretty smart, and I'm glad I get to come with you. One thing though, I'm nervous about going home and I'm pretty sure Icicle is too." Snowfall replied with worry.

Macaw felt awfully bad about him so she went to go for a hug but she didn't realize he put his scales back to frost, but she was lucky she only got her wingtip.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry Macaw, I should have said something!" Snowfall was right, but she couldn't be angry with him.

"It's okay." Macaw started laughing. "It's my fault. I went in, and didn't say I was going to hug you."

Macaw could tell that Snowfall wanted to laugh, but it must have been hard because the next thing Macaw noticed, Icicle was standing in the doorway.

"Okay love birds, it's enough. Macaw, when are we going to leave?" Icicle seemed impatient, like she was hiding something. Macaw didn't want to say anything just to be sure.

"In two days. We need to gather some supplies and make sure there is enough to go around. Three SlitherNights, well four, three SlitherFeathers and two SlitherIce dragons. Not exactly quick enough, but, if you do want to take the throne from your mother, kill her in the challenge. It'll make the war a bit easier on us all." Macaw replied.

Snowfall nodded and Icicle hissed her way out of the hut where the meeting was held yesterday. Macaw slithered towards the opening and saw Icicle take off towards the direction of the village.

If she's that impatient, she should have killed her mother in the challenge in the first place instead of hiding away in the rainforest. Maybe cold feet or anxious about being killed, but if she didn't kill her mother, she must know she would die for sure. What am I doing?

Snowfall tapped Macaw lightly on the side and she whipped around to see a worrying face on his face. She turned her head back around, facing the sky blue sky, among the green jungle tree leaves.

"I'm going to head back to the village. Stay here and guard the plans, please." Macaw asked Snowfall politely.

He nodded and Macaw went and flew out of the hut, her scaled wings stretched out all the way, right above the treetops.

Soaring right above, is sometimes a great way to relax before a long journey, of flying and possibly fighting. Looking down below on the jungle floor, vines everywhere to be seen, small mammals scattering at Macaw passing by and the low growls of the jungle cats, waiting to pounce on their prey.

She was making her way to the village, after a long, nights rest and thinking.

The village came into view and she was sad that her short flight had ended, taking in all the scenery before leaving her only known home left behind, just in case she didn't make it.

Macaw made her way through the village without any trouble and landed right at Glorya's doorway to go talk about the plans some more, now that they were alone.

Glorya looked up from her reading, and laying down. She got up to put her book away and went back to go lay back down.

"I'm not getting any younger Macaw. Soon enough, you'll have to take the throne after you come back, from escorting Moon all over the continent." She said with tears in her eyes.

"I know I do. We will make sure we convince them fast, fast enough to be back. I also plan on watching Icicle take the throne after everything is finished, or while we are there. We spoke for a bit after the meeting and she says she is not sure, but it will be better if she took it while we are going all over the continent. She'll end the war that way." Macaw looked at Glorya, and she can see a few loose scales that she hadn't seen before.

Glorya nodded and Macaw walked out, feeling sorry about how she went off on her mother when she found out about having the rare power and having Glorya as a mother. Yet, she was allowed because she spent many years grieving about dragons who weren't actually her parents and many more years not knowing that Glorya was her actual mother.

Her whole life was a lie until the moment Macaw had her scales coming in, which showed that she was another Glorya.

Macaw decided to keep that in the past and move on to the future. She needed to move on for the whole continents sake, and no more dying dragons. She just would have to deal with it later on.

Now... all she had to do was gather the supplies for herself and Snowfall.