Chapter 6

Glorya was still mad when Macaw came to her in the royal hut. If this SlitherIce says she ran away from her tribe, and the other dragons were after her to bring her back, why is she mad? Macaw had saved her from certain death and yet, Glorya was still mad?

On the other wing, Macaw understood because she couldn't be seen harboring a SlitherIce Princess in the rainforest in front of her subjects, which made more sense.

"I'm sorry your Majesty." Macaw said.

"It's okay. I just didn't want to let the others know she was here, or they would have killed her. That would be a war I don't want." Glorya let out a sigh. "ALSO DON'T CALL ME YOUR MAJESTY! You're like a daughter to me Macaw. When I die, whenever that is, I want you to take my place. I don't have any dragon babies who can be heirs. Please promise me that."

Macaw nodded. She knew she had to stay alive and it made it more possible with a SlitherNight Princess by their side, one who can echolocate on top of that, which is pretty cool in Macaw's opinion.

Glorya looked as if she had changed her mind about something. "We have to bring Icicle back, or hide her with the SlitherLeafs, but they are still at war so I don't think that's a wise choice. Maybe, when you go to the SlitherIce kingdom, drop her off there. It'll be easier that way. I don't want anymore harm to come here, I know you don't either. So please, whichever sounds better, come to me. I can't make this decision without you."

Macaw nodded and headed towards the door.

That decision will be hard on Macaw, give her to the SlitherLeafs, or back to her kingdom. If she did win that challenge, she could be one of those queens who can stop the war entirely and then give the throne to her sister once the whole war was done. But, does she even have a sibling?

It would make decisions easier for Macaw, but since this was in her wings, she couldn't have disagreed with the Queen, since she has too much on her plate. Maybe this was one of her tests to know if Macaw was ready for the throne of not.

Macaw couldn't bring Icicle back. It's not like Frozen will come back anyway after the pain he felt onto his frozen scales. The plasma blast that Moon shot out at him sent him tumbling backwards and roaring with pain. If he ever had shown up again, at least Macaw will have the SlitherNight Princess.

But, that would also mean that she wouldn't get the respect from her tribe if she was harboring a fugitive. A SlitherIce in fact. Which was worse, they have a SlitherIce Princess!

Everything is messed up but this decision cannot be taken lightly. If they could use Icicle for something, that would be better. Bringing her and having her also guide the group would be great. If she ever wanted to go back, trying to take the throne, it'll be better. There was just one thing Macaw had to do, which involved a certain prisoner she didn't like going to.

She makes her way down the ramp and suddenly hears a screeching coming from the prison cells. Cloud, Macaw thought to herself.

"Okay Cloud, stop hurting yourself you dumb SlitherSky! Now, you have to help me. You still owe me for not getting you killed." Macaw hissed at the prisoner.

The prisoner looked right at her with resentful eyes. "Help you? Really? But you also put me in here, so why should I help you! Of all SlitherFeathers! But fine, what is it?" Cloud said.

Macaw hated to get help from prisoners, but they did usually have great advice, after their own mistakes. "The SlitherIce princess. You were trying to go after her, right? Before you got caught by Glorya?"

"Yes you dimwit!" Cloud bellowed.

"I'm not happy with that attitude Cloud. Why were you following her? Why?" Macaw asked.

Cloud sighed. "We are secretly in alliance with the SlitherIce. Queen Frost told me and ordered me to track down Icicle myself and kill her if her guards haven't gotten her already. I'm a trained assassin. The Queen of SlitherSkies told the Queen of SlitherIce that I had to be ordered by her. Which is tough enough!"

A voice in the distance called out. "No wonder why my mother wanted me to be Queen! So I can break the alliance with your kind!"

It was Icicle. Macaw wouldn't blame her to break the alliance with the SlitherSkies, they are a nasty bunch.

"But, if I do ever get out of here, it'll be helping the SlitherFeathers and make sure their tribe are safe from my brother!" Macaw came closer to Icicle's cell and she continued to talk. "In the end, when we are all done, I might go challenge my mother. I don't have any sisters, so I won't be able to die. I will change our tribes tradition and they will only take the throne when I die of old age. And no one has to kill another again, not even the siblings."

Icicle did have a point.

A chuckle escaped from Cloud. "Ha! Are you serious? You? You really think you're tribe will listen to you? This is insane. You cannot change a dragons tribe tradition and their way of life."

"Hey! You quiet! Icicle has a point. This war has taken too many lives and I'm surprised that none of us have been wiped out. Besides the humans but still. I'm surprised. This war has lasted over a century! All because of some legend that the elders like us to believe in!" Macaw said.

A slithering noise came from behind her which spooked Macaw for a moment. "Oh, Glorya, hey."

"You know Macaw, I've met the Slither Queen. She is the one who came to me all those years ago. I'm old now, I may seem young, but that's what happens when you have scales like I do. And about me not having kids, that was a lie. I have one, had two, one died in her or his egg by Frozen, and I couldn't live with myself.

"So I sent the other one to a family that would love her and care for her. It happened. I'm glad the way she came out. My fiercest warrior of all and the bravest."

Macaw had a feeling that a secret was about to be exposed to all the prisoners in this prison. "Glorya, what are you saying?"

"Macaw, you are my daughter. I was going to tell you before your scales start coming in, but it seems like they already are. We aren't born with these scales, they start coming in at the age of eight, almost an adult."

Macaw had tears in her eyes and looked straight to her body and her wings, sure enough, she started to have scales that started showing up and her feathers starting to fall off. She didn't feel happy with this news, maybe she should have but, eight years later, Glorya tells her this? Now? All she felt was pure anger. She shot a glare at her Queen and bolted out of the prison, up the ramp and into the sky where more feathers were coming off. Her wings taking shape, causing her to almost tumble into the ground.

When it happened a third time, she just let herself fall, because she lived with the wrong dragons, all her life, the parents that died when she was just five years old, when she started to substitute for her Queen. She didn't want to live this life a lie, a lie she was kept from, a secret.

As she continued to fall, someone had caught her and the scales were cold. Icicle.

Did Glorya really get her out? Why would she do that?

Macaw was gently put down on the ground and there was Icicle, along with Gecko and Lizard standing right beside her.

All the feathers from Macaw's body had fallen off, and there she was, the next Queen of SlitherFeathers, if she was able to get the throne from the Queen before then. But she didn't want to think about it, she has scales!

Icicle looked at her and then her friends, "Wow! Are you ever angry. Never seen that red on the Queen before, but oh boy! Your color looks like it can turn black! That's how dark it is, right Gecko?"

Gecko nodded. He is just like Macaw, but has a sweetness to her.

"Why did you do that?" Macaw roared and hissed.

"Well, Macaw, come on. We are your friends. We didn't want you to die and Queen Glorya knew that this was going to happen." Lizard piped in.

Macaw glared at them, that's all she could do. "Leave me alone." And she was off. Flying away from her friends for now so she can have the rest of the day to cool off.