Chapter 31

Unedited.

November 20, 2016.

He drove tiredly to his safe haven. The work he has ignored for some weeks had piled up and he was getting exhausted by the minute. There's also the case of his new secretary who knows nothing.

All this made him to crave to see Airah even more. He has to man up and go see her soon. And when she's awake not when she's asleep.

As soon as he emptied his pocket on the console, his phone began vibrating. He felt like flinging it away but on second thought he checked and seeing the caller he was quick to answer.

"Mr. CEO I just saw your fiance, and it got me thinking why the husband to be isn't going to see his beau. I'm headed to the company now. Make sure I meet you there. We got to talk."

Before he could say a word the line went dead.

What the hell. He thought.

He wanted to ignore Kabeer. But remembering that Kabeer had gotten quite suspicious of him, he was not willing to risk anything so he packed his keys back into his pocket and headed out.

.
.

.

.
.

Areef heaved a sigh one final time before he completely got out of the car and headed for The Ahmad's front door.

He knocked lightly as if scared the door will break upon addition of any more force.

After a few moments he heard footsteps from inside. Agreed was still baffled why he was this nervous of seeing..... 

He was brought out of his reverie when the door was opened and Amal's petite frame came into view.
She looked at him, more like checked him out. She smiled mischievously.

"Well I see you are making quite the effort to impress my best friend."

Areef knew it was going to be not as he expected immediately he saw Amal and her statement just confirmed it.

"Good day to you too Amal. May I come in? "

"Manner in check too. Of course Mr. Kasheem. Come on in. "

She opened the door wider for him. He slammed and went inside. She closed the door after him. Before h
Leading him to the living room. He followed after her.

Areef felt his heart rate increase slightly. What's happening. He asked himself.

"Well your guest is here. So should I excuse you guys now? " Amal said to Airah who was seated on one of the cushions.

She was dressed in a milk Jilbab. It was a shade very close to the shade of her skin. She wrapped her head with a deep coffee colored scarf. Her face was plain and a bit pale. She looked well rested and her eyes looked very innocent and warm that Areef felt his heart contract with more force than normal.

"Amal, stop." Airah cautioned her best friend.

"Fine, I'll be your interpreter." Amal said sitting by Airah. "Although you both speak the same language."

Airah smacked her thigh.

The room fell silent for a moment before Areef cleared his throat.

"How are you feeling mi...." He stopped himself just in time.

Airah picked up how he stopped himself from saying something else. And it got her thinking. How the hell is she suppose to do this. According to what she was told their wedding date was set 28th December so they must have been pretty close since they were less than a couple of months away from getting married. Yet she felt so uneasy from her said fiance and from what she noticed he is too.