Chapter 28

Unedited. (will be editing after finishing book).

As soon as they arrived the hospital. They both sauntered in and Amrah recognized some of Areef's staff as they exited. Seeing them confirmed her fears.

"Daddy, those are Areef's employees. It must be true. She survived. "

"Keep your voice down. Let's ask where Areef and his family is. " Alhaji scolded her.

They were about talking to one of the employees going out when they spotted Kabeer coming out of the elevator.

"Ya Kabeer!" Amrah waved at him. He located them and seeing her father he gently walked over to them.

He greeted Alhaji respectfully. Alhaji told him they just heard and rushed over. He asked of Airah's condition.

"She's in the ICU right now. No one is allowed inside but you can come along to greet her parents and Mamy. "

Amrah was already seething. So after all this still Areef is glued to that witch. She'll make sure she never wakes up. She vowed.

They followed Kabeer to Ummee's room. Ummee was still not talking much. Mamy and Deedee chatted away hoping she would join in but it's proving futile.

Amrah and her father's Salam seized there attention. They exchanged pleasantries and alhaji prayed for Airah's recovery. Abba also met them thanking them for the visit.

As they left. Amrah continued seething and sulking in the car. Alhaji noticed her but decided to say nothing. Until she was fed up and spoke up.

"Daddy, you know we can't allow her wake up right? " She dropped the words.

Alhaji gulped. And tried to stay focused on driving them home. She looked at him expecting a reply but none came to. She folded her hands on he chest as she pouted but still wasn't spared any glanced.

***********×************×***************

It's been 5 days since the accident. Ummee and Areef appeared most affected.

Areef was already sporting a 4'o clock beard.

"Mahmoud, I think we've waited enough now. I'll start getting everything arranged. So latest tomorrow 6th she'll be out of this country." Areef told him impatiently.

"Areef, there's no difference between here and where you are trying to take her. We've done everything we can, the rest is prayers and also her choice whether she's ready to wake up or not."

Areef  was about to reply when a nurse rushed to Mahmoud.

"Sir! ICU patient. Her vitals are spiking!"

In no time they all made for the said room. Mahmoud found nurses in the room running helter skelter.

"What happened here? " Mahmoud yelled.

"I came in to change her IV fluid and she just became unstable. " one of the nurses answered.

Mahmoud set to work as he yelled instructions and injected her with different syringes.

After about 30 minutes he came out to the expectant faces of the Ahmad's and Kaseem's.

"She's okay. She just had a mild cardiac arrest. She might be trying to wake up sooner than she's supposed too. "

They all said there hamdala. And asked if they can see her since they are allowed to go see her sometimes.

He nodded and they took turns going in to see her. Abba went in last after the ladies. She looked at his daughter's pale face and he did not know when he broke into tears.