Chapter 8

(Read the A/N at the end)

🎶 "Not tryna be Indie
       Not tryna be cool
       Just tryna be in this
       Tell me are you too
       Can you feel where the        
       wind  is?
       Can you feel it through?
       All of the windows
       Inside this room
       'Cause I wanna touch you
       baby and I wanna feel u
       Too.
       I wanna see the sunrise
       On your sins just me and
       You.....🎵🎶      

Dusk till Dawn~Zayn Malik ft Sia.

******************************
Airah.

Mamana,stop crying. You have to be strong and pray for your dad okay? And you should praise and thank Allah he's alive. You crying right now is showing that you are not grateful he's alive. Anty Safiyyah told me when I refused to stop crying even after I was told Abba was alive. I managed to wipe some of the tears and looked up at her.

But Aunt I want to see him. Please take me to see him. At least seeing him alive will clear all my doubt and assure me. I whined. I just don't get why they won't allow me to go and see him. It's been 4 days now. I only talk to ummee on the phone. And she insist that I shouldn't go to them that they will be back soon.

Anty Safiyyah sighed and went out of my room. I was discharged from the hospital 2 days ago. She came back minutes later with her phone. Here this should also clear your doubts. She handed me har phone and I took it. She was calling ummee for a video call. After a minute or so it connected and ummee's tired looking face popped up.

Ummee.... I tried but broke up into sobs.

Sshhhsshhh my baby. What's wrong. I've told you I don't want to hear or see you crying again. Your Abba is getting better and we'll be back very soon. okay?

All I could do was nod my head. I noticed how she looked really out of shape. Her eyes are hollow. Her face has lost it glow. She looked really dishevelled.

Ummee... can I please see him? I asked with so much pain.

Ummee hesitated for a moment before giving me a sad smile and nodding. She turned down the phone and there I saw my Abba all covered up in bandages that were bloodied. His face was very pale but devoid of any scar. I broke into another sob and I saw ummee's face once again on the screen.

Airah... just pray for your Abba okay? I promise you he's getting better. And we'll be home before you know it. She said trying not to break.

I will ummee. Has he woken up yet? I asked.

Yes habiby he has just this morning. So you see,its progress right?

Yes it is. Ummee take care of yourself too. You are fading.... I don't want you getting sick. I muttered.

I will habibty. Here advice this your sister too Khadijah,  her husband survived the crash too and she's not taking it really well.

The images on the screen was unfocused before a lady's face came up. Her eyes were so red and fluffy. She looked worse than ummee.

Hy, you must be Airah. She said trying but failing to give me a deep smile.

I am. Ya mai jiki? ( how's the patient?) I wish him the quickest recovery.

She smiled this time. But the pain in her eyes was to much my heart constricted.  Alhamdulillah. Thank you Airah. You should take heart okay? Your father will be okay Insha Allah. They will all be. She added.