26| It was an Accident! Realy

"Normal talking"

"Normal thinking/Flashbacks"

"Zeref telephaty"

"Natsu telephaty"

'Quote'

Natsu: Keep in my that this is just fanfiction and takes place in an alternate universe where my brother has been given a chance to restart a fresh life and be a guild member of fairytail, some characters may act a little OOC but not a lot. So, ready for more 'Brothers for life'?

Laxus: Previously on Brothers for life

Zeref: Laxus paid Freed a little visit and asked, quote and quote, 'Nicely' to cancel out his arrangements with Mirajane Strauss and specificaly told him to make up a very convincing story for Mirajane why they will have to cancel their theater trip

Happy: Leona had another chance encounter with Sherry and boy did she looked angry about it!

Lucy: I  hope Leona will be able to keep herself together around Sherry, given the fact Dragon slayers get pretty possesive on their chosen mates

Happy: Yea, remember Wendy? Who knew she could turn so scary!

**

Well the dinner at the new diner didn't go too poorly. Leona managed to tame her possesive dragon side and restrained herself from harming Sherry. Sherry kept her hands to herself and her flirts weren't aggressive and Lyon barely spared her any attention.

Mavis talked to Lucy about her celestial spirits, and Natsu goofed around with Zeref.

Soon they went their seperate ways and, after walking Mavis and Lucy home, the Dragneels retired for bed.

"30 days left and it's christmas time Ref!" Natsu yelled.

Zeref nodded from the bathroom in their room, brushing his teeth.

"Hey Ref! How did we celebrate christmas? You know, four hundred years ago?" Natsu asked from their room.

Zeref spat out his toothpaste and cleaned his toothbrush before poking his head out the bathroom and looked at his brother.

"Well, back then, we didn't get any snow where we grew up. But the temperature was still freezing, mother would host small family gatherings every christmas and new years eve. We'd watch her cook a feast while father went out to cut the perfect tree for christmas" 

Natsu noticed the small fond smile on Zeref's face.

"Mother would warn us if we...did not behave ourselves for christmas, we won't be given presents by Santa" Zeref chuckled. "We'd put offerings outside our bedroom door to be taken by the good elves of christmas, and the next morning with squeel with delight because it'd be gone"

"Sounds like we always had a lot of fun" Natsu comented smiling. "Yes, but it's the new years eve we always looked forward on, because then we get to stay up till pass midnight, counting, and when the new year hits fireworks would shoot out to the night sky outside, we used to think dragons were the cause of the sky exploding with colorful fire" Zeref smiled. "So, basicaly, pretty much the same thing as how you do it in this era. Just, back then it was only always me you, mother, father, and some members of the Dragneel clan"

Natsu nodded. "I see....Do you, miss it? Our old life, our old home, Mother and father? What we used to do?"

Zeref thought about it. "Sometimes. But we shouldn't realy look back too much, because they will not come back. We mustn't dwell in the past too long, we don't need to move on completely from a painful past because we aren't ready to let go. Rather, we should move forward. If that makes sense in the least" he messed his brother's hair. "I wished I had learned that years ago, but I was so driven into madness and grief when I lost my family. I lost you"