A Life Without Love (9)

My mom and dad live separately, don't get me wrong, they're not divorced but just live separately. So as soon as my exams ended, my mom made me fly to London, to spend some time with her. I love London, it's like my second home but right now, I wanted to be in South Korea, with Han Gyul.

Mom is a typical business woman, who doesn't have fixed working hours and gives more priority to her work than her family. I think it's similar with Dad too, maybe that's why both these workaholics that met at a business summit were attracted to each other.

Both my parents were deeply in love when they met and got married. I think the love still exists between them, but there's one thing that they love even more than each other, even more than me, it's their respective businesses.

As a child, I remember how heartbreaking it was for me when Mom decided to go back to London to take over her family business while Dad got busy with his own work. We would visit each other often, but for a 5 year old kid, it was too much

Even though I was sad and lonely as I felt neglected by my very own family, I didn't really have a horrible childhood. Yes, some days were bad, especially when I was taunted for being a mixed breed and was discriminated against but I had happy days too.

Yohan was my sunshine on rainy days. Till this date, I really don't know the exact way we became friends but really, I'm extremely thankful to him for being by my side throughout.

On days when I would feel lonely or sad, Yohan would come over with my favorite strawberry ice cream to cheer me up. He would joke around until I would feel better. He's such a blessing.

Things didn't change and we kept growing closer as years went by. The only difference was that he always saw me as his best friend while I started to develop feelings for him.

I still clearly remember the day when he gathered the courage to tell me that there was a girl he liked. I prayed that it was me, but sadly it was the dance goddess of our middle school, Lee Chae Ryeong.

In the beginning of our last year in Middle School, they both started dating, which literally broke my heart into pieces. But I decided to cheer on Yohan with his relationship.

He was such a happy person when he was dating Chaeryeong, she indeed was a beautiful person inside out and brought out the best in Yohan. Maybe the fact that Yohan and Chaeryeong were so deeply in love with each other and were extremely happy together, made me feel happy for my bestfriend and it was easier to move on.

Everything changed in the second year of highschool when Chae Ryeong's family got into a brutal accident that ended up taking her, her father's and her little sister's life. Yohan was shattered, I still remember the mess he was, yet he didn't shed a single tear on Chae Ryeong's funeral.

Yohan initially went into denial and for him love didn't exist anymore, because his heart too died with Chae Ryeong's death. He distanced himself from everyone and lost himself in his taekwondo practices. But gradually, Yohan started opening up and started believing that Chae Ryeong was still within him. And that's the day, I completely lost my first love.

With time, I accepted how life was supposed to be, and with time I realized that even though my parents didn't they spend much time with me, it was all along for me, so that I would have a luxurious life, which I did. My life was comfortable but I had no love, I too stopped believing that love existed or the fact that someone loved me or that I deserved to be loved.

But suddenly, everything felt different when Han Gyul came into my life. A good different.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Okay, hi guys. Sorry for updating after a long time, got caught up woth tests. This chapter basically shows you what Tyra's life has been over the years and it also shows you Yohan's story with Chaeryeong. Hope you liked it, I wrote it with a little personal experience. This chapter was a bit longer than usual because I had to include about both, Tyra's parents and her first love.
Please comment if you liked the chapter and click the star button to rate and vote for the book. Bye :)