The Friends

But I acknowledged it.
I seen the smile.
I saw as he admired me taking a drink.
And I thought my heart would stop.

Seán left soon after, not speaking a word of the incident and the switch. I went to bed and contemplated the entire day.

My best friend of years hid a secret I wouldn't have known unless..

I lost my job because of an accident because of..

This man.. that appeared in my life.. has a crush on me..

And with everything presenting itself, I don't think I could deny it either.

---

I spent the few days packing my home and moving what I could to Thomas's spare room. It was on the quick thinking of Patton. He couldn't say no after hearing what happened. But Logan had pushed for me to look for a new job in the meanwhile.

While I was finishing packing Seán sent me a message. I picked it up and read it.

Seán:
Hey! Are you busy?

You:
Packing why?

Seán:
Packing?
Nvm, wanna hang out with some of my friends?

I look around and I sigh.
I had done a lot of packing these few days.. it wouldn't hurt to go out and relax.

You:
Sure!

Seán happily briefed you on the details on where and when to meet.

When you arrived, the smell of yeast hit your nose. A bar. One of the finest from what Seán messaged.

I entered the bar looking around, spotting Seán in a booth along with three other people.

Walking up the group, Seán stood up quickly, almost knocking his chair over and hitting the table. The guys snickered at his clumsiness.

"(Y-y/n!) You made it!" Seán called circling the table greet me.

"I need a break. Packing is killing me."

"Soo." A deep voice interject. A glance over and I was face to face with a man about my size, scruffy beard, and dark hair. "This is the (y/n) you wouldn't shut up about." His voice teased.

My face flushed red as I looked at Seán to introduce the man. Seán gave him a menacing look and his face was heated not because of the alcohol.

"This is Mark," Another man said sitting to the right of.. Mark. The man had an accent, but different from Seáns.

"This is Ethan," the man gestured to a blue haired man. Ethan waved just to clarify.

"And I'm Felix." He said smiling. Felix, had dirty blond hair and more of a beard than the others.

"Nice to meet you all." I smiled awkwardly at everyone, giving them a wave. "I guess you already know me.." I said looking back to Seán who looked away.

Ethan waved it off. "It's fine, he was just being nice."

I smiled at them and sat down next to Ethan. "So Blue boy," I said scruffling his hair, "what nice things did he say about me?"

After a few drinks that the group offered to pay for me, I looked between Felix and Seán and scrunch my eyebrows.

"You two aren't from here are you?"

The group laughed as I glanced around. "Was it something I said?"

Seán shook his head smiling, "Did you really think I was from America?"

I shrugged taking another sip. "You're English is good. Better than mine even."

Seán bowed, grinning from ear to ear. "Thank you, Thank you."

As he sits up he shakes his head from embarrassment. "I tried hard with my English. I wanted to be seen positively and understood by people."

Felix nodded in agreement. "I didn't like my accent either. So I tried to change it."

"So, where are you guys from?" I ask curiously.

"Sweden." Felix responded, smiling. "Would never tell until I started swearing"

"Same here."  Seán said. "'cept I'm from Ireland. Where swearin' means somethin'"  Seán pointed at Felix smirking.

"Sure, Sure. Tell yourself that you smol potato." Felix said nonchalantly patting Seán's head.

I laugh at the comments and glance at the other two, "How did you meet these two?"

Mark sighed as he looked at the two play fighting and smiled. "We met a though a few games."

A gave him a confused look which made Mark continue. "Well, To clarify, we all make YouTube videos. Mostly games."

"Oh that sounds fun!" I responded smiling at him. Ethan interject bouncing with joy.

"It is! I love doing it! Playing games I like and showing it to people!"

I nod with interest and pull out my phone opening the YouTube app.

"What's the name of these gamers?" I play coy looking at the two.

Mark smirks and poses. "Well Markiplier is pretty handsome."

Ethan chimes in, "And CrankGamePlays!"

I subscribed to the two smiling and  looked at the recommendations.

"Pew-Die-Pie?" I sound out looking at the two.

Felix perks up from the fighting and calls out "PewDiePie!" I laugh at Felix.

"I'm assuming you're him?" He nods smiling.

Seán looked between the four of us, "What's going on?"

"We're sharing YouTube names." Ethan teased. "What's yours?"

Seán looked back and forth between all of us. "I.. erm.."

Felix whispered to him but Seán shook his head and smirked.

He took a deep breath and cupped his mouth. "Top of the morning to ya laddie!" Seán pointed to me, beaming, "My name is Jacksepticeye."