The Questions

Seán was sitting on the couch in the same way we met this morning. He was in a crouch position holding his legs and his head in his knees.

Thomas however was next to him talking to him, voice almost inaudible, except for one word.

"Jackie."

I sat down on the stairs, still listening in if I could.

Jackie? They both told me his name was Seán..

Could it be a nickname?

No, that wouldn't make much sense.. They're too different...

"Thanks Pat." Was what came from Seán, at least I believe it was. His voice seemed off..

Pat? I shook my head and brushed through my head in confusion. I don't understand..

It must be some.. weird.. Role-play, Right?

I nodded to myself resting my head on the wall next to me closing my eyes.

Soon enough, I nodded off falling asleep on the stairs.

To my surprise, I woke up in Thomas's guest bed. I glanced around. Was last night a dream?

I stood up and walked out of the room. But as I walked out of the room I ran into someone.

Seán.

"Oh.. Morning" He greeted me. "Your turn for the bathroom?"

Seáns face had a look like he was lost in thought, his eyes glossed over by a fog or daze.

"Yeah, thanks." I nodded, walking to the bathroom taking a note of his facial expression.

After I cleaned myself up, I met up with Seán and Thomas downstairs. Thomas was still downstairs laying on the floor in his makeshift bed, groaning softly.

"You feeling okay, Thomas?" I asked kneeling down. Thomas nodded a small bit before rubbing his head.

"Just another headache. No biggie." He forced a smile at me before closing his eyes again.

"Well, let me get you the ice pack this time, then I'll be out of your hair."

I walked over grabbing an ice pack, catching eye of Seán eating a cold slice of pizza, eyes still in a daze.

"Seán?" His eyes popped up to look at me. I smiled in response, trying not to make it look suspicious. "You want to grab better food before I have to check in with work?"

Seán smiled and nodded, setting the slice down. "Sounds good."

I nodded back at him, "Great. I'll be back in a sec."

I walked over to Thomas and handed him his ice pack, thanking him for his hospitality before walking out with Seán at my side.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Seán and I ended up not at some fancy restaurant but a nice laid back one. The kind that, are still cheap but make the best food.

As Seán ate, I watched his expressions. It hadn't changed much since this morning, he still looked lost in thought.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked thinking that may be it.

He stopped mid chew and looked up at me, now reading my expression.

"It.. it was fine.." He said finishing his food. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Seán, you don't look fine.."

Seán shrugged it off. "It's how I always looked."

I thought back to when we first met. He seemed to worry a lot but he never looked like this. "No.. you weren't when we talked yesterday or when we met."

Seáns eyes started to furrow, running out of excuses. He rubbed at his head, wincing a few times. "Listen, I'm fine. Please leave it."

I sat back in my seat watching him now. He seemed pained by whatever it was but I couldn't get it out of him no matter what I tried.
"Fine.."

Seán nodded still rubbing at his head, attempting to make the headache go away. "Thank you."

I nodded in return, standing up and checking my phone. "I should go.. I need to update my work about what happened."

Seán glanced up at me, giving me a smile. "Message me on how it goes. Please."

"Will do" I smiled back, walking to the exit, paying for our meal, and leaving.