The Café

Seán
Do you mind if we meet up?

I stared at the message. Meet up? Where? When? We just saw each other..

Me
Now?

Seán
if you wouldn't mind
It could be a public place

Okay so this is happening.

Me
The café you were at after the incident in about 30.

If I was going anywhere with him I was going to be sure I was going to be seen by a friend of mine.

Seán
Ok

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

I slowly made my way to the café, my stomach in knots. I peered in through the windows, not seeing anyone but Thomas, his back to me.

Sighing with relief, I walk in. "Hey Thomathy!" I call out.

Thomas turn to me, with a confused look. "O-Oh? Back so-" He looked down at the coffee splatter and blotches on my arms. "Oh, Jiminy Cricket!"

He ran from behind the counter to me, gently grabbing my at my arm. "What did you do?!"

I nervously laugh at his reaction, "I wasn't paying attention was all."

Thomas shook his head. "I'm going to get you some sweets and an ice pack." He walked me over to some table and chairs before walking into the back room.

Before I got a chance to relax, the door chimed indicating someone walked in.
I looked over seeing the familiar man from this morning, the knot returning.

Seán was panting, attempting to catch his breath as he glanced around the empty café.
We caught eyes and smiled.

He stayed at the door catching his breath, before he walked towards me, "H-Hey. You doing okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm good." I gestured for him to sit smiling at him. "How are you doing? Surely I didn't take all the impact."

Seán chuckled, "Yeah, I got a few nasty bruises. Nothing as big as your stuff."

I wave him off. "Nah it's all good." Seán nodded looking down at the table.

There was a pause.. A long one..

"So.." I started up again. "What did you want to meet up for?"

"Oh.. I um.." Seán looked back at me before sighing heavily and looking away. "Okay so like, I had this feeling that wouldn't go away if I didn't see you again and made sure you were actually okay face to face."
He glanced in my direction to see if I understood at least a bit of it.

I gave Seán a blank look before completely bursting out laughing. He looked at me with surprise, giving a few nervous chuckles. "
"W-What?"

I shook my head, wiping away fake tears finishing my fit, "I thought you were trying to make a move. I see you had good intentions now."

Seán still looks at me stumped but gives me a few more chuckles. This time more real. He tips his head down holding his head with one hand. "Oh man.. I didn't know I was giving that vibe off."

I smiled reaching my hand over to him, "It's fine. It's nice to know someone other than Thomas cares."

I scrunch my nose in confusion, "Speaking of. Where is he?"

I pull my hand back and place it to my mouth, cupping it. "Thomathy!

Seán glares at me in confusion, "Thomathy-?"

Thomas ran out with the sweets and the ice pack.
"Oh my word, you would not believe how hard it is to find sweets here."

I laughed as he set the sweets on the table and handed me the ice pack.

"Oh! Hey Seán!" Thomas greeted Seán as he sat down next to me. "Back already?"

Seán nodded. "Yeah.. I.  I came to meet up with.." He paused, glancing at me.

"(Y/n)" I say simply.

He nods smiling at me before continuing. "To meet up with (y/n) because of our conversation earlier." Seán hinted.

Thomas nodded, "How are you feeling now?"

Seán glanced at me and took a long slow breath. "Better. So much better."

Thomas smiles. "Glad to hear." He stands up and stretches, "Well I'm almost done with work. You two wanna grab a bite with me after?"

I nodded, "I haven't eaten all day. I'm starving."
Seán nodded too, "I can't remember when I ate last so I'm in too."

Thomas nodded and walked into the back to finish his work.

It was just the two of us again.

"Soo.. What do you do for work..?" Seán asked.
"You seen part of it already. I bring coffee to my co-workers." I explained. "But I don't think I'll be doing that anymore."

"Because of the incident?"

I nodded, "Thank you for that."
He chuckled ruffling his hair. "Sure."

"What do you do, Seán?" I asked.
Seán hesitated biting at his lip. "Well I guess you'd say I-"

Before Seán answered Thomas ran out and slid, making a squeaking noise. "Heeeeeeyy" He sung out dramatically.
"I'm done with work. Let. Us. Go. Dweebs."

Both Seán and I laughed standing up and walking out with Thomas.
Instead of a fancy restaurant, or a restaurant at all, Thomas took us to his house and ordered pizza.

As we waited, Thomas and Seán played games while I watched, backseat gaming and yelling tips to them.

When the pizza arrived we ate it, stuffing ourselfs to the point of exhaustion. Thomas offered the guest room to me and he and Seán would sleep downstairs.

Before I fell asleep however I walked back downstairs for a drink, but I saw something unexpected.

Seán was sitting on the couch in the same way we met this morning. He was in a crouch position holding his legs and his head in his knees.

Thomas however was next to him talking to him, voice almost inaudible, except for one word.

"Jackie."