Just One Day

Despite the aching in my chest, I slap a fake smile on my face and try to rally for my loves. The shots of soju and sparkling rice wine, called makgeolli, help too and while Jigaemae tries to offer food periodically, I'm just too anxious to eat. The atmosphere is lively and everyone is flitting from table to table to socialize and nosh, meaning the guys are constantly being pulled into different conversations. It's ok. I'm sure one, if not all of them, would see through my facade anyway. And I don't want to be a killjoy when they should be nothing but jovial tonight.

"Slow down, nae sarang," Jin gently admonishes after catching me reach for my third cup of makgeolli. "I don't want you to get a headache."

"And if I do, will you take care of me?" I tease, before taking a sip.

"Of course. But being sick after drinking is no good on a plane. We leave early in the morning and you won't have time to rest. Here. Eat this," he instructs, offering me a cut of grilled beef from his chopsticks. I look over the room full of prying eyes.

"Jinnie, uh..." I stammer, my gaze darting around meaningfully.

Jin rolls his eyes. "I feed everyone. No one will notice or care."

I let him slide the meat between my lips and onto my tongue. I even let him dab the corner of my mouth with a finger before bringing it to his own mouth to suck clean, his heated stare never straying from my face.

"I wish you could take care of me now," I whisper after I'm done chewing.

"Yeah?"

I nod. "Miss you."

"But you see me everyday, silly girl," he chuckles.

"I know. But I miss you in a different way. I miss your hands on me. I miss your lips on my skin." I move in a bit closer to his ear. "I miss your body on top of mine. I miss the feel of you sliding deep inside of me. I miss the sounds you make when you're—"

"What are you guys talking about?" Taehyung suddenly appears, his lips poked out in a soft pout and his cheeks flush. He must've had a bit to drink tonight, which always makes him a little needy yet adorable. Tipsy Tae is one of my favorites, especially since he tends to get extra cuddly.

"Nothing!" Jin quickly resolves. However, I'm feeling bold and a bit aroused. So I turn to Tae and tell him exactly what I was relaying to Jin. Taehyung's eyes widen with shock and amusement before narrowing.

"Gongju, that's...hot." He presses his teeth into his bottom lip before flicking his gaze over at the older member before looking back to me. "But what about me? I miss you too."

I nod. "I know, baby." I begin to lift my hand to touch his cheek but stop myself, letting it fall to my side.

"And I like to take care of you."

I nod again. "Soon."

I glance over at Jin to find him watching and listening intently, his red, plump lips parted. Maybe he isn't as conservative as I initially thought, especially after that night I was left in the vocal line's care. He was more than willing to participate, and it was very evident that he was aroused.

"Heeeyyy!" Hoseok beams on approach, holding two shots of clear liquid. He hands me a glass then clinks it with his before moving in close to say, "Since you're not driving tonight."

I shake my head and smile back at him. Hobi is even more hilarious and fun when he drinks. But in about half an hour, he's going to crash. And if that's the case, there's no way I could pass up an opportunity to drink with him.

 And if that's the case, there's no way I could pass up an opportunity to drink with him