Can I Talk to You?

Its morning. I finally get the courage to get out of bed, not like I'm late or anything but I just didn't want to go to school today after everything that happened last night. I pack up my bag and head out the door. The bus won't be here for another 5 minutes.

"Oh Shit," I mumble under my breath as I realize Noen takes the bus. How am I going to do this?

As I'm thinking about this the bus pulls up to my driveway. I see Noen on the bus, I can tell by the tint of his blue hair. Once he catches me staring at him he looks down shamefully. The bus driver honks the horn, but at him to keep going. I see Noen in the corner of my eye look very confused as the bus pulls off.
"Well this is a problem," I say tearing up, "How am I going to get to school?"

Then I remember that mother left her car home today. I don't think she will mind too much if I take it for a spin. It's what she deserves anyway, she's a Boomer™️. I go back inside the house and grab the keys. I jump in her blue Jeep, and hook up my phone to the Bluetooth to play Billie Eilish. I'm afraid to play it too loud because I don't want my neighbors finding out about this underground artist. Did I mention she's underground?

At School

I arrive to school barely on time. Everyone's here, but am I really here? That's deep. I feel really sick so I decide to go to the nurses office first period. When I walk in, I see Nurse Varli looking cheerful as ever.

"Hello, Nurse Varli," I say.

"Hi, what brings you down here?" She says in her strong accent.

"Oh, my head just hurts really bad. Can I lay down here during first period?"

"Sure!" She says, "Would you like me to kick out Mr. Caleb so you can rest?"

"No it's fine," I reply.

"Okay," she says, "I'll send an email to your teacher," she says as I walk to one of the beds in the further corner of the room.

Then I see a familiar face. It's Caleb, I don't want to talk right now so I go to one of the beds and lay down.

"Oh hey Y/N," he says, "So your head hurts?" He says, sounding like he's trying to make a joke.

"Yeah, I'm not feeling too hot today."

"Oh love, you may not be feeling it but you're looking it."

I look away from him. I think I blushed. I don't know what to say. So I lay back down.

"Soooooo," he says, "saw you ran out of the party last night, everything okay?"

"Yeah it's fine," I reply, "I'd rather not talk about it right now."

"Okay."

I close my eyes again fall asleep.

When I wake up, it's second period. But I don't really feel like going to AP Calculus. Especially because Noen was in it. You wouldn't expect him to be smart. He's like a dumb blonde, but he's got blue hair. He's like a smurf. I don't want want to think about this anymore, so I go to the auditorium. I want to talk to someone that will understand. And maybe provide me with some drugs. As I make it to the back I see him. He looks up at me as if surprised to see me.

"Hey Chase," I say, "Can I talk to you about something?"

((Skip next page))