Lunch, As Always

After all of my periods were over, I grabbed my yellow kanken and headed to lunch. I wanted to sit with someone today (I usually sit by myself and try to summon Jahseh.) I saw the boy from the bus sitting alone and I thought I'd go over. Walking over, I saw him look at me and smile as he nodded his head to the seat.

I sat down and pulled out my lunch of one singular avocado and a raw egg. I snuck these from Mother earlier this week. The delicacies placed in front of me were of the highest order. I devoured the egg in one suck and Noen licked his lips. I smiled while the egg slid down my throat.

A girl came over and sat down. She was super pretty...maybe she was Noen's girlfriend.

"Hi, I'm Addy!" She waved at me and put down her lunch tray next to Noen.

"Hi, I'm Y/N. Good to meet you! Are you two...?" I motioned at her and Noen.

"Oh, no no no. Don't worry about that." Noen said.

Addy added on with "But we could be" and winked at Noen. He nervously laughed and shook his head with a velocity I had only heard of in science class. He broke the sound barrier he was moving so fast.

I tried not to be too awkward and laughed with them. Addy looked at me with almost...suspicion? I couldn't decipher how she was feeling but I knew something was off. She smiled a sad smile, as if something that happened to her before was happening again. She seemed to chuckle to herself before she got up with a quick goodbye and left for another table.

"What was that all about?" I asked Noen in between bites of my avocado.

"For the past few years I think she's liked me, but she flirts with...pretty much everyone."

"Oh, got it." I looked over at her table and she seemed to be laughing at another girls joke. She covered her mouth and blushed. I recognized the behavior.

"...Everyone?" I inquired.

"Yea, she's bisexual like Benji. She's really proud of it, too, she would be totally okay with me telling you." He continued eating and I stared curiously at her. Why did she get up and leave so quickly? It wasn't that awkward.

I looked around the cafeteria and studied the people I had gone to school with for years. I had never really noticed them. I was too focused on my studies or boy problems or whatnot. Everyone was talking and laughing, or listening to music and dozing off. Everyone had a different story. Everyone could do what they wanted. I guess, now that I thought about it, everyone could choose their own ending.

Noen snapped and I blinked out of my trance. "Hey, you okay? I kinda lost you there."

"What? Oh, yea, I'm fine. I was just zoning out as usual." I responded. It was almost automatic at this point; people have to wake me up all the time.

"You sure? Here, maybe this will wake you up." He handed me his other headphone and I laughed. Poverty.

"You know I have airpods right? It would make it a lot easier to listen." I teased.

"Oh, bullshit," he said as I put in the headphone, playing Bad Guy.