I Don't Wanna Be Your Friend

I squeezed through the enormous crowd of people dancing to a random EDM song and lost Caleb somewhere along the way to the drink table. I already knew there would be alcohol, but when I got to the table and smelled an overpowering scent of vodka and Coor's Light I was very surprised. Tons and tons of 18-year-olds drinking, vaping, and probably doing drugs? This would be an interesting night.

I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't drink anything tonight or do any type of drugs, because number one, they're horrible for you and I've had bad experiences, and number two, Mother can smell them.

I walked away from the drink table and tried to look for any of my friends or anyone I knew at all. Unfortunately, there were no familiar faces in the crowd and I chose to sit out from the dancing. I sat down on a nearby empty sofa and tried to drone out the noise. I zoned out on an empty red plastic cup probably filled with a roofied substance and started thinking about why I was here. I was supposed to be having fun and dancing; talking to the people I've known my whole life. Try to learn more about their lives instead of thinking about myself all the time. God, I'm so vain. I'm at a party that I was invited to by someone I barely even know and I don't even have the courtesy of socializing. I hate myself for being like this, but I'm not sure that I can fix myself alone. Maybe I can. I try to be independent, but is it worth it? Can I let someone else help for once in my life?

Just as I was reaching an epiphany of sorts, someone quickly sat down in the sofa across from me. The world was blurry and I could only see him through my peripheral vision, but I could tell that it was Chase.

"Hey, babe, what's up?"

"Hey, Chase." I was just coming out of a trance, so I wasn't sounding very eager.

"What's the issue, y/n? I mean the other day you kind of stormed out on me, and now you're being all distant? Did I do something wrong?" He sounded serious, but I could tell he wasn't by the glint in his eye.

"No, no you didn't. I don't know, I just--"

"It's all good. Don't worry, I don't hold any grudges." He winked at me and then leaned closer, putting his elbows on his knees. I also leaned in a bit. Man, as much as he looked like a dick, all I could look at were his lips. He licked them and I looked at him directly in the eyes. It was silent except for the bass of "I Wanna Be Your Girlfriend" by girl in red. The tension was so thick you could cut it with the sharpness of my remarks.

He started to go in for a kiss, or what I anticipated to be one, so I closed my eyes and was about to kiss him when--

"Y/n??? What are you doing? Why are you? No, don't! Not with him!" Addy was almost screaming, and her pitch got higher as she spoke. "Haven't I told you that he's bad news? And hell, if you need to kiss someone that badly...just...kiss me!" Her eyes started to well up with frustration and betrayal. To be honest, I forgot that she told me about him. I'm such a bad person I geniunely hate myself sometimes. How can I be this bad of a friend? Still, I felt the urge to kiss him. And her? I wasn't sure what to do. She looked so pretty in the outfit she had clearly taken time to put together. Her hair clips were perfectly placed in her shiny, soft black hair, and the pink dress she was wearing showed her figure perfectly. She looked...gorgeous. But Chase, he looked so good too.

"I, I don't know if..."

((to kiss Chase, skip the next page))

((to kiss Addy, continue to the next page))