Hallway

I rushed out of the auditorium and threw open the doors. Maybe I should've taken one of those; my anxiety was through the roof. When I turned to leave the auditorium, I bumped into two people making out against the wall. When they turned around, I realized it was--

"Oh, look who it is." Benji chuckled. Jorge followed along and teased me as well.

"You were the one staring at us, weren't you." He laughed.

"I...I was..." I said, clearly embarrassed already. I tried to walk away, but Benji grabbed my arm and reeled me back to the boys. They looked me up and down seductively (especially Jorge) and I wondered what was so hot about a school uniform.

"You know you look really cute in that skirt right?" Jorge muttered, Benji elbowing him in the side.

"I mean, it's just a, just a skirt you know?"

"Yea, but he's right, it fits you really well." Benji snickered. I felt a little uncomfortable but also a little happy that they noticed me.

"I really should be getting home now though, Mother gets mad if I'm not home by curfew..." I tried to leave, and I wasn't lying about curfew.

"At 4:00?" Jorge looked at me in suspicion.

"Well, not exactly," I said. "It's really at 4:00:05, Mother wants us home at the exact time every day so she knows we haven't been vaping."

"Oh, uh, okay I guess. Have fun not vaping?" Benji let go of my arm, finally. As I speed walked across the auditorium floor and left before the crowd of seniors exited behind me I heard him call out and say, "There's going to be a party tomorrow night, you should try to come if your mom will let you!"

I finally got home, exactly at 4:00:05. Now it's time to convince her to let me go to the party.

((to continue reading, skip the next page))