Arrival

After being informed by several people at school that there was a party this weekend, I decided that it would be best to attend. I mean, any popularity is good popularity right? And plus, maybe I'll meet more cute guys there. Although I have already met a lot...

After I finally got home and begged my mom to let me go, she allowed me to on one condition: I scrub and wax the floors and put new shingles on the roof. She said if I fell off the roof I could stay out later than 8. A pretty good deal.

When I got to the house that I put in my GPS, I quickly realized it was Addy's place. There were tons of pictures of her on the walls, the shelves, the bookcases. It was very clear she was the favorite child.

As I was looking at a photo of her in what looked like a communion outfit from 3rd grade, someone grabbed my sides and tasered me. I yelped in confusion and turned around to see Caleb.

"Hey!! What're you doing here?" I asked, mid-scream.

"Well, I was invited, as people are."

"How did you even get invited? You've been here like one day." I asked, genuinely confused.

"I am Galactic Superstar Caleb Finn from Australia, so what did you expect?" He tried to stay serious but his lips curled into a smile. "I'm so sorry, that was very egotistical."

"Yeah, it really was. You should probably apologize." I said, jokingly.

"Well I'm sorry you felt that way," He said, obviously faking seriousness.

"I don't accept your apology." I said, crossing my arms.

"That's pretty rude, don't you think you should automatically forgive me?" He said, poking my shoulder and trying to get me to turn back towards him.

"People should be held accountable for their actions, you kn--"

I was interrupted by Addy flinging open a door to a huge room where I heard faint music from before. The music was now hugely amplified and it looked like the room was filled to the brim with people of all ages.

"Hey guys! Glad you could make it! What are you guys doing just standing? The party's in here, dummies."

Caleb and I exchanged a glance and went into the room of moving bodies and pulsing sound with apprehension and excitement.