A Sweet Nightmare

Start from the beginning

“No I was just trying to make you feel good about yourself.” I defended myself.

“I was the one acting to be scared.”

“I am the one with great acting skills.” I said matter-of-factly.

“Is that so Miss Australia?” Jason asked.

“So it is Mr America.” I replied.

We both laughed. Jason got my mind of things so easily. He had to be the coolest guy I’ve ever met, apart from Jai of course. They were tied when it came to that.

After we calmed down from our no-point fits of laughter the room came quiet both of us lost in our thoughts.

“Jason?” I called out breaking the silence.

“Hmm?” he answered.

“I should apologise to you.” I said looking at him seriously.

He looked at me with furrowed brows, “Apologise?”

I couldn’t look him the eye so looked down at my hands, twiddling my thumbs. “Yeah, for what happened today during lunch in the cafeteria.” I said lowly.

I heard Jason clear his throat and shuffle around, “Tia.” He said softly.

I still wasn’t looking at him, I couldn’t I was too ashamed and embarrassed to face him.

“Look at me.” he said. I could feel his stare on me.

I slowly turned my gaze up to his face, still not looking him in the eyes, but I was at least looking at his face.

He sighed, “There is no need to apologise.”

“I mean it; you kissed me no big deal. Lots of girls kiss me.” he said seriously.

“Still you have no idea why I kissed you; if you did you wouldn’t be so cool about it.” I said.

I took in a breath, “Jason I am sorry for kissing you today, I don’t know what got into me…”

“Shhh… don’t say another word. I know everything.” Jason shushed me.

I furrowed my brows, “you do?”

“Yeah Jen told me. She overheard your little catfight with Lucy in the bathroom.” He said casually.

“Oh.” I said.

“So what exactly did Jen hear?” I asked. I hoped she didn’t overhear Riccardo’s and my argument. The last thing I needed was Jason thundering me with questions regarding Riccardo right now.

“Just that Lucy told you to keep your paws off me, but you retaliated and said that I am all yours.” Jason winked.

I rolled my eyes, “are you ever serious?”

“Where’s the fun in that?” he smirked.

“Jason I know you don’t want an apology but I won’t feel right if I don’t give you one.”

“I am sorry. I didn’t intend to ‘use’ you. I was just so angry.”

“I hate people telling me what to do, and I had to prove a point to Lucy; that she had no hold over me, that she couldn’t tell me what to. It’s my life and I will live it as I damn well please.” I ranted on angrily.

I knew all that I said wasn’t for Lucy, it was for Riccardo.

“Woah… calm down you little tiger.” Jason chuckled.

“Calm down. It’s okay. All’s done and over with. No point crying over spilt milk.”

“Besides I knew from the very first day we’ve met you’ve been looking for an excuse to kiss me.” he smirked arrogantly.