my new life, in the werewolfs claw ch 36 not alone

chapter 36 not alone

Her voice was strained and on the verge of crying but she was too proud and strong to be crying about the past.

And I cursed Lucy for inquiring about the reason behind telling us.

Her green eyes had bored into mine, cold and collected, a shimmer of hope flowed within her, but it could have been just my imagination.

"Because a little girl thought she could come to understand the pain of someone who has lived for so long.

Those centuries of solitude, compared to yours, what do you think you could understand?"

I didn't know what Lucy was thinking, her suspicious eyes on me, undoubtedly she tried to do her mind reading thing, which didn't seem to work on me.

But she changed the subject quickly going over to work with Clover on her forms and letters. Aaron returned little later, joining them while I was left alone with my thoughts on the couch.

Solitude, now that I was thinking about it, when I felt alone, I never truly was, my family and friends would come to me. In all this time when I pushed people out of my life to hide my ugly scars, I had hurt those who were near me in the process. And Aaron doing same as me hurt Clover and Leon probably too.

I was never really alone, and for that I felt thankful. It was a warm and strong feeling rushing with my breath through my lungs to every part of my body. How could I have been so blind? Standing between the shattered shards of my life, were still people who cared for me, I was not alone and so was he neither.

"I'm close to you."

"Believe in me."

"We will always be friends."

"I understand what you went through."

"We will save you."

The unceasing rain of words people showered me in, carried a subtle warmth.

I knew what it meant, deep inside of my heart.

but when pain screams "don't ever forget." and old wounds beg for recollections, you get too tired to listen,

in the numbing darkness, this pitiful me seemed so save.

Who bestowed those crime against me?

Who tore my skin and flesh open, while I cried like the weakling I was, taking on my role as a victim.

Words just don't have the power to save you, when you are pushed down on the cold floor.

So I wanted to be alone, cast a wall around my fragile mind, so no one could hurt me.

Loneliness was beckoning me with a promise of peace.

But here they were, still smiling and loving me even though I didn't trust them completely, they were here for me...

I wonder if he felt like me.

Clover was hurt because of his distrust, hurt by the sturdy wall that surrounded him, I understood, it was just a little, but I at least felt close to Aaron in that aspect.

As Lucy made herself ready to leave, putting on her unpractical high heeled but sexy boots, Aaron and Clover started mumbling something, directing a glance towards me before turning his attention back to Clover.

"Hope you get your hormones in check" joked Lucy kissing my cheek before parting, as Clover came furious out of the Living room.

"How dare you Lucy!" she shouted in her high pitched voice. Lucy face was that of confusion in split of a second turning serious, like she wanted to look through Clover. For about 30 second holding eye contact before storming for the balcony, looking frantically around.

Shelost her balance and a yelp escaped her while she held her head. Aaron standing behind her caught falling form without any problems, carrying her with few fluid steps to the couch. She was panting for air, her eyes rolling back, for at least five minutes, while Aaron massaged her temples and Clover unbuttoned her tight shirt for better breath.

"Oh, Lucy I'm so sorry, I thought it was you!" Clover apologized for at least ten times as Lucy slowly sipped some water.

"What the hell happened!" I finally exclaimed getting tired of all the ignorance I earned.

"Someone was reading my mind, and I thought it was her." Explained Clover briefly.

"But it wasn't me and I got a head electroshock thingy" she waved with a hand around her head like it would explain all.

"Electroshock?" I probed more, Lucy chuckled slightly before answering

"When Vampires get stronger they can create a magnetic field around your head, and the  brain waves get scattered- therefore you get a shock. Unbelievable that I begged to feel it once." She added silently earning a skeptical look from Aaron.

"And who did that?" I asked hesitantly, worried that her eyes still couldn't focus on anything.

"Who knows, it was a male, he was strong and at least 10 km to our right" she directed towards Aaron.

His expression turned pale and angry, and you could see how it worked in his head, before he stood up from his crouched position, „I will call Thomas for you, rest a little." He went to the kitchen making tea and calling someone with short orders, supposedly it wasThomas, without giving him any information thought and I cuddled myself to Lucy.

"What will happen if the results are positive?" she broke the silent atmosphere in a small concerned voice.

Aaron narrowed his eyes on her, something like power sipping in his voice.

"It's none of your concern, and you better not tell anyone."

"Sir William will know, no matter what I do, and beside I do think it's of all our concern." She replied calmly while drinking her tea, her eyes had begun to settle.

"It might turn troublesome, that's all." Was his final answer before he and Clover went to the study.

"What was that about?" turned towards my friend in a hushed voice. She grimaced slightly before answering „I don't know, really."

We waited for around half an hour when all of our boys came, each with a concerned look in their eyes. Tom of course dashed  towards Lucy asking how she was and what had happened while Mike calmed him down making fun of the nice "Hubby".

But Arthur hugged me in the hallway and didn't let go till we were alone.

"How... How are you feeling?" the question was hesitant, his eyes on the floor. He was referring to the night were I was almost raped, of course he had to know, Claire was his fiancée, with her now out of the city, it would probably be canceled.

"It's okay, my cold is a lot better." I gave him a bright smile and squeezed his hand to reassure I was fine, but there was no way in hell I would even name this incident now, the less know of it, the better.

"Hey, why is he getting hugged, not me?" Mike whined behind us, before suddenly grabbing my waste and pushing my back to his chest.

"Because you have Miranda to hug you, so dumb." The name was made up, but Mike was confused trying to remember any girl with that name. After three seconds I wriggled out of his embrace hitting his chest.

Just how many girls did he have? Eww.

After two minutes they left, in the same happy mood, not bothering to ask what was up with Lucy, While she herself was being carried in the arms of an over worried Thomas.

About an hour later Clover left too, the night had already come and I was playing on my violin, random music pieces that came into my mind.

In some kind of way I was to embarrassed to see Aaron alone, but who wouldn't after being sexually harassed like me, or after hearing his life story without him knowing!