my new life, in the werewolfs claw ch 30 the slaves revenge

Chapter 30 the slaves revenge 

Clovers POV

Why? 

Why us? 

Why my parents? 

Why me? 

Why?

There had been screams, cries, blood, and people's faces, once so peaceful and happy, had agonized features and eyes so dull and sad, it seemed they themselves died along with their loved ones.

They had come with the storm and had swept our lives away with it.

Seven monsters, licking their bloody hands, satisfied grins like masks craved for what seemed for eternity. 

Not one of them died, but every man that got in their way, and every girl that disobeyed.

In a few days the rules were set in our minds, please the Vampires,  

think of rebellion and you are dead,  

think of a bad words against them and you are dead,  

do displease them in any way and you are dead.

Dead, even thought the people were afraid of it, they had wished for it in the last few nights, and will curse their lives from now on every night.

We had become cattle, expandable beings, there to still hunger and lust, nothing more, nothing less.

"Get in there! Useless brat!" he spat at me, giving me a last kick in the ribs before continuing towards the chains. Bark, the old iron smith threw me in the first part of the prison, where the beasts were kept. It was feeding time, and this my first time helping him, but I had accidently bumped into him which made him angry.

I would have loved to say something back at this brute bastard but my voice was lost, even if I wanted I couldn't make a sound, nothing but mere whimpers escaped my mouth. And that's why the vampires liked me, I didn't think- according to them and I didn't talk back a crucial thing if every word could be your last one.

"Bring the wheelbarrow over here!" he barked after me and hurried up the way down to the cells. 

Our prison didn't look like one, the sturdy stone walls and the chains where all that turned the actual nice stall or bigger home into a prison.

I slept in the first room beside hay and farming tools, I had a somewhat warm blanket and my stuffed doll, the only memory left from home.  

Far behind the entry after a newly build, sturdy wall in the middle of the building was where the beast were kept.

But slowly I began to feel panic rising in my small body. These beasts were told to be incredibly strong, stronger than the vampires now ruling us. And they have already killed enough of our people.

I was afraid of who I would meet in there.

The rusty wheelbarrow screeched under the weight of a thin cold soup, water and some bread giving our surrounding more of an eerie feeling. 

Even Bark was scarred, nervously licking his lips, his eyes darting to every direction, he had seen one of them rip of the arm someone who made fun of them. 

Right now he was playing with the key , slowly and reluctantly opened the first door and let me go first, while his eyes peeked in slowly accessing the situation, and ready to run if it was too dangerous.