my new life, in the werewolfs claw, 33 the last beloved

Chapter 33 the slave revenge- the last beloved

Clover pov

It was late at night when I returned to my new 'friends', I knew my masters were occupied with getting drunk on wine and blood.

Even I had to give our only mistress blood, she sank fangs in my flesh not caring if she hurt me and when she was done she threw me on the floor scouring me out of her room like a dirty dog. 

They were so cold, so heartless, we didn't have a chance to survive this for long, they would finish us off and continue to the next village.

Everyone knew that we were in a hopeless position, and you could read it on their faces,- those pale lifeless eyes, we were like the walking dead, our bodies' already empty containers- blood, that is, was still in us.

They played music and danced, celebrating something we didn't understand, but what we knew was- that they would celebrate for at least three nights- three nights without murder or beatings, and for me- three nights to get the beasts out of their cages.

I got clay from the potters house which now laid empty, and I filled the key imprint with it, slowly forming three keys- as curious eyes watched me.

"What are you doing?" the woman in the cell asked, a frown on her face, but even that slight movement seemed to pain her. 

Holding out my hands, I showed her the key made of clay, since I couldn't answer.

"They will kill you, for doing that." this time it was the man put alone in the next cell, his eyes were swollen, so he looked like he wasn't seeing anything, I smiled anyways at him.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what I was doing, or why. 

I just knew, that it didn't matter anymore- it was too late for us.

"Come in here." I gave him a confused look, but slipped through the bars, as he coughed up blood. 

Holding his head up a little, I wiped off some sweat from his forehead.

"The chain on my wrist - pull it out." his voice was weak, raspy but he seemed sure about it. 

I looked at him wide eyed, freezing on my place. What? 

The chain holding his arms up, was pierced through his wrists, the bloody end then slung once around them.

The rest of his chains followed the same system whereas the chains of his friends were secured by additional locks. 

My heart skipped a beat as I saw the determination in his eyes.  

He really wanted me to pull them out!

Debating with myself, I closed my eyes, took deep breaths, to calm myself, before I tiptoed to reach his wrists, almost leaning on to him since I was too short. 

I untangled the chains as careful as I could manage, his muscles tensed at my touch even though he didn't make any noise.

I gave him a questioning look, while holding the end of the bloody chain straight, I just had to pull once and his hands would be free to move.

He gave me a sharp nod, clenched his teeth together, preparing for the pain.

Tightening my grip on the chain, pulling strong and fast and within a second his hands fell on his lap, only a muffled groan sounded from his chest, and his face was in a painful grimace.

Bile rose up in my throat, and I had to avert my eyes, his blood, thick and warm pasted to my hands.

"Continue" he spat through clenched teeth, eyes still closed.