XIV

"What's wrong? Pretty boys shouldn't cry," Jisung said, wiping the tears off my cheeks.
————————————————————————
Jisung fell back to sleep pretty quickly. I gently picked him up to carry him back to my room. I placed him down as gently as I could onto my bed, I didn't want to wake him up. I pulled the covers over him so he wouldn't get cold, winter was coming up.

I fell onto the couch next to the bed and sighed. It's been a long fucking day. I couldn't get my head wrapped around everything. Hyunjin. I couldn't get my head wrapped around Hyunjin. I've known him for so long and now, he's just gone. I keep thinking there's still a chance, a chance he'll come back, but deep down I know that it's impossible. I heard soft sobs coming from somewhere in the room. Getting rid of the idea that it was a ghost, I quickly look up to see Jisung huddled in a little ball, shaking. I didn't know what to do, I've never been the best at comforting people.

"Jisung?" I asked softly. I stood up and gently shook him. He looked up at me with puffy eyes. My heart dropped.

"N-nothing," He stuttered.

"It's obviously something," I told him softly. He just stared at his feet whipping tears from his eyes.

"It's ok, you don't need to tell me if you aren't ready but just know, I'll always be here," I told him, slowly pulling him into my arms. Hesitantly, he hugged me back, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. I started to play with his hair hoping it would calm him down. It did and after a while the crying stopped and was only left with quiet sniffling. I gently pulled him away only to be pulled back.

"Please, stay," He said softly. I could feel my cheeks heat up. I took the boy back in my arms and we just sat there in silence. Not an awkward one, it was a comforting silence, a silence we both needed. Jisung was the one who broke it.

"I-I was thinking back to the time I was kidnapped, and when you were..." Jisung mumbled into my neck. I tensed up. So those motherfuckers are the reason Jisung is upset. They're the cause for all of his pain and suffering. I wasn't going to let them get away with this.

"Shh," I gently pulled away and looked at him straight in the eyes, "As long as you're with me nothing will happen to you, I promise." I stuck out my pinky and Jisung softly smiled. He took my pinky in his and touched our thumbs together.

"You must be tired, get some rest, it's been a long day," I told him, climbing out of the bed.

"Wait," Jisung said, grabbing onto my wrist, "Can you sleep with me tonight?"

"Falling for me already," I smirked, leaning in closer to him.

"N-no i j-just feel safer when t-there's someone next t-to me," Jisung mumbles, his cheeks turning slightly pink. I chuckle as I climb into the bed next to Jisung. I pulled the blanket over both of us.

"You know, you're really cute when you're flustered, hopefully I'll get to see it more," I whispered into his ear.

"S-shut up," Jisung said, hitting my shoulder.

"Exactly what I mean," I chuckled.
"Sleep well Ji," I told him, patting his head, but he was already fast asleep.

———————————————————————-
I think imma start doing shorter chapters so I can get more out. Also I'm writing this story for ela and we can use curse words so this makes things 10x easier lmao

Until next time~