Arthur|Pink lighter|

Summary: Fem!WayneReader crosses Arthur's plans
Warnings: smoking? huge age gap
Word count: 974

Y/n pov

I was brushing my hair when I looked out of my window and saw my little brother Bruce talking to a stranger at our gate. What is he doing? Oh hell no who's that creepy guy?
I rushed downstairs, put on my jacket and rushed towards my brother at the gate. He was holding some fake flowers and turned around. "Hi, my name is Arthur" the guy stood up and put his hand out through one of the gaps of the gate. I looked at him and then at Bruce. I gently pulled him closer and put my arms around him. "Well... you must be his sister then?" I nodded as he took his hand away. I didn't want to be rude, I was just simply a bit scared. I mean. I don't know him, he can't be here to play with my brother can he? That'd be strange. He's a stranger. "What- What do you want Arthur?" I asked and looked up to him. His eyes were stunning. I could see the pain and the doubt in living in his eyes. He seemed  so broken. "I- I want to talk to your father - well our erm I mean you- you ..." he stopped and gripped the gate softly. "You're very beautiful..." he was waiting for my name. I smiled "Y/N" I said and sent him a grin. He grinned back and scratched his neck. I knelt down to Bruce's level and told him to go inside since it has started to get dark. He kissed my cheek, gave me the fake flowers and ran away, arms swinging from left to right like a plane. I giggled and stood up. "So you want to talk to my dad yah?" He nodded. "Hm i don't know, he's really really busy at the moment but... if you don't mind- well maybe I can give you some answers? I mean if you want to- well I don't know what you want from h-" "s-sounds good" he interrupted. I blushed and looked down. He gently lifted my chin with his right hand and smiled. "How old are you?" "19" I said as I walked backwards. I grinned as I was still going backwards. You could see my excitement on my face. Unfortunately his face dropped but I couldn't stop grinning. My smile grew bigger and bigger. "I'll go get the keys Arthur! The gate is locked!" I laughed and ran insinde the mansion to get the keys. I could clearly see that Arthur was now copying my grin. I ran towards him again and opened the gate. I laughed and grabbed his arm to drag him away. He was confused but still laughed with me. "Come on"

2h later

Arthur pov

She is so beautiful and kind. Nobody ever asked me how I really feel. She listens to me. She hears me out and somehow I think she understands. And I appreciate that. But I refused to tell her about my mom and her dad. I didn't want to scare her away. No I didn't want to be alone again. Everyone thinks I'm a freak. She's the first one who's truly interested in me.

Y/n pov

We were walking down the streets of Gotham while chatting about our past and dreams. I really don't know what's gotten into me but this man is so interesting. We walked towards a bench under a lantern and sat down. He took out a cigarette and searched for a lighter. I reached into my pockets and handed him mine. "Thanks... oh sorry how rude- so do you want one? do you smoke?" I giggled. "No thanks" he smiled and lit the cigarette. He held my pink lighter towards me but I gently pushed his hand away. "Keep it" my hand still resting on his big one. After a comfortable silence he mentioned it was getting pretty late. "Do you want me to walk you home? I'd do-" I shook my head. "Ill call my butler he'll pick me up" I softly tightened the grip on his hand and smiled. "You should go home too, it's getting cold" he sent me a warm smile which sent shivers down my spine. I took my hand away and put it on his cheek. "I really like you Arthur" he blushed but before he could react to my words I gently pecked his lips. He looked at me in adoration and closed his eyes. "Y/n... are you real?" Arthur asked with hurt in his voice. He opened his eyes again and looked at me with his big green eyes. Our faces inches apart. I caressed his cheek. "... yeah, I'm real Arthur" I said as I got up. He took my hand and looked up at me. "I don't want you to leave me y/n" his eyes filled with fear that I was just in his head. I smiled and bent down to kiss him softly. "Sweet dreams Arthur, see you" I said as my hand slipped out of his.

Arthur pov

I couldn't believe it. It must be a hallucination. What's wrong with me. Wait. "Y/n!" I shouted after her, but she passed the corner. I got such a bad headache and rubbed my forehead as I stood up. Jesus, why can't I accept that I'm alone, that I'll always be alone. I glanced at the spot where y/n sat and shrugged. So stupid of me to think she was real. I began walking home when I grabbed another cigarette and searched my pockets for a lighter. Ah there it is.

A pink lighter? ... Y/n's lighter.

She wasn't just an illusion.
She's real.

Have a good night/day boo!💕

•Ya Clown Queen🃏💞