chapter thirty-three

I was in a taxi with Liam on our way to our hotel in London. Niall and Sarahi were in another taxi since we couldn't comfortably fit in one.

"You know, this isn't quite as exciting as the first time," I told Liam, my hand on his leg and his arm around my shoulders.

"What do you mean?" he asked, placing a kiss to my forehead and I cuddled up closer to him.

"I don't know," I replied. "I guess it was new and thrilling to come to London the first time, but now it just feels like another place. I think that I'm more excited to go with you somewhere than the destination. That probably makes no sense."

"No, that makes sense," he hummed. "I thought that being in New York was exciting at first but then it's charm wore off to me. I do like it, don't get me wrong because it has you." I blushed at his comment. "But I also think that there's always something to discover, something new to be found."

"Yeah," I nodded. "I guess we'll just have to find new places to explore."

"What, you don't want to see all the touristy stuff?"

"That's all crap, Liam," I told him. I hated dealing with the crowds and all that. I'd rather find some underrated coffee shop or bar or park.

Liam laughed as the taxi pulled up to our hotel. He pulled out a couple of bills to pay the driver before getting out after me. I slung my purse over my shoulder and rolled my bulging suitcase behind me.

We checked in, the concierge giving us our room keys. Our room was on the eighth floor, so we made our way to the elevator. After dropping our belongings off in the extravagant room, Liam called Niall to see what they wanted to do.

While he was on the phone, I explored our room. Liam spared no expense and booked suites for us. The walls were a cream color with brown trim. There was a king sized bed along with a flat screen TV. I ventured into the bathroom and found a luxurious shower and jacuzzi. The mirror was expansive with two sinks and fluffy white towels folded on a silver rack. I shut off the light and ran my finger along the deep brown counter of the kitchen area before entering the bedroom again. Liam was lying back on the bed with his knees folded up, the phone still to his ear.

"Ok, see ya then," he finished and hung up, sliding his phone into his pocket.

"So what are we doing?" I asked, taking a seat and crossing my legs on the bed.

"Just go for some dinner and then rest until tomorrow. We wanna try and not get too jet lagged. Niall recommended Nandos because he says that you and Sarahi need to try it."

"That should be good. I'm actually starving! Let me just change out of my travel clothes."

"Babe, you look fine," Liam said, pulling me to his side. He began to place kisses along my jaw until he reached my lips. He deepened the kiss and tangled his fingers in my hair.

"Liam, I really need to change. We shouldn't keep them waiting," I said, pulling away.

"Maybe we should cancel," he suggested, keeping his arms around me.

"Liam, we have all night after we go to dinner and we came on this trip with our friends, we should spend time with them." I did want to stay in bed with him, but I was also hungry and excited to try a new restaurant.

"Fine," he said, sticking out his bottom lip in a pout.

I pecked his lips one last time before sliding off the bed. I walked over to my suitcase and unzipped in. I kneeled in front of it on the floor and dug through it, trying to find what to wear. I decided on black high waisted jeans, a detailed black crop top that showed off a bit of my stomach and a maroon sweater over it. I ran my fingers through my hair, deciding not to do more with it knowing that it was going to stay unruly no matter what.

We met Niall and Sarahi in the lobby. It turned out that Nandos was in walking distance. Upon arriving, we placed our order and found a table. The restaurant was fairly noisy and crowded, but had a welcoming feeling.

"So how are you liking London so far?" Liam asked Sarahi.

"It's good," she nodded. "It's interesting how the cars are on the other side of the road though."

"Right?" I chimed in. "It's the weirdest thing."

"No," Niall shook his head. You guys do it wrong."

We continued through dinner with conversation and Niall making jokes. Once finished, Niall suggested we take a walk, but I was feeling tired.

"I think I'm gonna head back to the hotel," I said as we walked out.

"I'll come with you," Liam said, grabbing onto my hand.

"You don't have to," I said, actually really wanting him to come.

"No, I'm kinda tired too. And it'll give those two some alone time," he winked in our friends' direction. I noticed Sarahi blushing, standing beside Niall with their fingers laced together. They really were adorable and I could tell they were happy.

"Alright, we'll see ya in the morning," Niall said and they walked in the opposite direction as us.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Liam asked while we walked to the hotel.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I think I just need a shower."

I walked into the bathroom upon arriving and decided that a bath would be more relaxing. I ran the water at a warm almost hot temperature. I found the bubble bath provided by the hotel on the counter and poured some in. I stripped off my clothes and slid down into the warm bath causing me to instantly feel better. I laid my head back against the edge and felt myself drifting into sleep.

A bit later, I felt the water start to jostle and I looked up to find Liam sliding down into the jacuzzi. "Mind some company?" he smirked.

I shook my head. "Not at all."

We moved so that I was sitting between his legs. I laid my head against his strong chest as he drew patterns mindlessly on my arm. The moment was so intimate and I felt closer to him than I had in awhile.

"Liam?" I mused aloud.

"Yeah, baby?" he murmured in my ear.

"I love you and I'm sorry for anything I've done to cause you pain."

"Shh, baby. Just live in the moment and don't worry about all of that stuff. I love you too," he said and maneuvered so that he could kiss my lips, assuring me that his words were true.

sorry if this sucks, it's just a filler. i have something planned so don't worry, it won't be all filler like chapters. please vote and comment. xx zoe