chapter two

I didn't want to admit it, but I kept an eye out for the foreign boys that I didn't know the names of. Every time the door dinged and a customer entered, I hoped it was them. After two weeks, I gave up. They hadn't come back once, so I went back to business as usual which meant serving drinks and flirting with the old men. The bar I worked at had very few younger people come in, so I concluded that was why I was so intrigued by them.

"How's it going?" Tristan asked, coming up and taking a seat at the bar.

"Aren't you supposed to be working?" I asked, annoyed. He had backed off a bit, maybe finally realizing that I wasn't going to go out with him. I took a look at him as I made someone's drink and I noticed he looked better than usual tonight. His blonde hair was a tamed mess and he was dressed in a plain grey t-shirt, a necklace hanging from his neck.

He shrugged. "Got off early. It is practically closing time."

I glanced at the clock, noticiing that he was right. The night had gone by quickly for a Tuesday night. "Then why are you hanging around the bar. Shouldn't you go home or something?" I handed a customer their drink. Everyone was taken care of, so I turned my attention back to Tristan.

He bit his lip, showing some of his perfectly white teeth. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something when you're off," he said, a bit of hesitation in his voice.

I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning against the back counter. "We'll see," I said. I knew that I didn't have any feelings for him and I didn't want to lead him on, but I really just wanted someone because then maybe I wouldn't feel so alone. "Just don't get your hopes up."

Once I was done with cleaning, I found Tristan waiting by the door. "So?" he asked, raising his eyebrows a bit.

I rolled my eyes at his persistence and grabbed his hand, dragging him along. "The rule is that you can't tell anyone about this," I warned as we reached my beat up jeep. He nodded in response. I turned the radio up loud, so there wasn't an awkward silence and rolled down the windows. It was another hot night, but the breeze felt amazing on my bare arms.

We reached my apartment within ten minutes and as soon as we entered, I had him pressed up against the door. I connected our lips in an urgent kiss, catching him off guard. My hands tangled in his blonde hair before I reached to remove his shirt.

"Logan," he moaned as I began to kiss his neck. I ran my hands along his chest and I could feel him harden against my thigh. He quickly turned us around, so my back was to the wall. I began to undress myself, taking initiative since he wasn't. "You're so beautiful," he murmured into a kiss, feeling up my sides before gripping my waist. "Jump," he told me and I wrapped my legs around his waist as he found his way to my bedroom.

"Just fuck me," I said, deciding he was taking too long. I reached for the button of his jeans and he worked his way out of them. He entered me soon after and I felt my stomach twist in pleasure. He quickened his thrusts and I threw my head back against the pillows in ecstasy. After reaching our highs, he laid down next to me, trying to catch his breath. My body was sticky with sweat as I found clothes to change into.

"That was incredible," he breathed out, still laying down. "What are you doing?" he asked, noticing that I was dressed again.

"I think you should go," I told him, sitting on the edge of my bed and not facing him.

"Logan," he said, sitting up and coming up behind me. "I'm not that kind of guy, one that just fucks you and leaves."

"But I'm that kind of girl," I said sadly before getting up to go into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, my wavy hair a mess, hickeys forming on my neck. I turned on the shower and I restripped my clothes. Stepping into the hot water, I hoped it would rid me of the disgusting feelings I had. I wanted to not feel empty, but I knew I was always going to feel this way. Nothing seemed to complete me.

Walking back to my bedroom, I found it empty. There was a note, scribbled onto a scrap piece of paper from Tristan.

I really like you Logan, I hope you realize how special you are.

I tore up the paper, letting it fall to the floor in a pile. He barely knew me, how could he think I was special? I was nothing more than ordinary. I crawled under my sheets, pulling my favorite old blanket up to my neck. I still felt disgusting as I drifted off, wishing that I hadn't brought Tristan home.

***

I woke up at three in the afternoon the next day, feeling groggy. I wished that I could justify last night as a drunken mistake, but I hadn't been drunk. I shook off my feelings as I got ready for work. I styled my hair into a side braid, not caring that it made me look somewhat younger. I dressed into high waisted denim shorts and an off the shoulder cropped sweater. It gave me some comfort, having long sleeves on. I swiped on some eyeliner and mascara, deciding against any more makeup.

I drove to work, dreading having to face Tristan. Luckily when I walked in, he was nowhere to be seen. I started to set up the bar, focusing on only that and ignoring any workers that entered the unopened bar.

"What's with you tonight, darlin'?" one of the regulars asked halfway through my shift as I handed him a beer. I shrugged and gave him one of the fakest smiles before turning to another customer.

"What can I-" I cut off, realizing it was the brunette guy from a few weeks ago. "Uh, sorry," I muttered. "What can I get you?"

"Just a beer," he smiled. He seemed to be in a much better mood tonight, but still sad. His eyes still seemed to see straight to my soul, they were so comforting and inviting.

"Here you are," I shakily placed the glass in front of him. I busied myself with random tasks that didn't really need to be done.

"I didn't get your name the last time I was here," he said, bringing my attention back to him.

"Logan," I answered.

"Isn't that a boy's name?" he laughed, setting his beer down.

I gave him an amused look, like I hadn't heard that one before. In school I was always bullied for my name, wishing that my parents had picked some girly name like Haley or Lily or Sophie.

"Sorry," the boy said. "I'm Liam," he introduced himself, holding out a hand.

I brushed him off and went to help another customer. He had seemed so sweet, but now he was proving to be somewhat of a jerk even though he apologized.

"Hey, wait," he called me back. I finished serving someone before making my way over to him. "What happened to you? You seem like a completely different person than the last time I was in here."

I crossed my arms over my chest, frustrated that he was still talking to me. "Look. I know it's part of my job to be nice and flirty, but I've had enough tonight. I'm not in the mood and I'm just trying to get through my shift."

Liam held his hands up in defense, trying to show he didn't mean anything by his words. "A gorgeous girl like you shouldn't have such an attitude," he smirked.

"Logan! I need your help for a second," I heard someone call and I gave Liam a half-smile before heading off in the direction of the voice. "What do you need Tristan?" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the storage closet. "What are we-" I was cut off my his lips connecting with mine. I quickly pushed him off of me and he ran into the shelf, knocking a few things over.

"What's wrong, Logan? You seem to enjoy it last night." His breath reeked of alcohol and I wondered how he got away with drinking on the job.

"Last night was a mistake and right now, I'm working." I felt my face heat up with a blush and I turned, storming back out to the bar. I refilled drinks, staying mostly silent. I saw Liam in the corner of my eye and he flashed a smile, giving me a little wave. I quietly groaned as I made my way over. "What do you want?" I snapped.

"Just a refill," he held up his now empty glass.

I was glad I only had a few more hours before my shift was over. I had no idea why I had been waiting for Liam to come back when he was just going to interrogate me about my actions.

not sure I like how this turned out but whatever. if you're wondering, I picture Logan as Vanessa Hudgens. please vote and comment xx zoe