chapter eighteen

"Uhm, yeah..." I said to Harry.

"So are you like his girlfriend or something?"

"I'm not the type to have a boyfriend." I looked straight ahead, avoiding his intense gaze. I noticed Liam over by the punch now, looking over at us. His stare was a cross between hurt and anger. Our eyes met and I had a hard time looking away.

"Hmmm, my kind of girl," Harry's voice brought me out of my staring contest with Liam. I turned to Harry who was still smirking. "So, are you busy later?"

I thought about how to answer this. On the one hand he was really attractive and I felt that if I slept with him I would get Liam out of my system. But on the other hand, I felt that I would be hurting Liam because of the obvious tension between them.

Before I could answer plates with fancy looking sandwiches and various vegetables were placed in front of us. I looked around and realized that they were bringing food out for everyone, people taking their seats at various tables.

Harry dug right into his food, taking a huge bite of his sandwich. "So, what do you say?"

I looked over to the punch to find Liam, but he was no longer there. I found him sitting at a table with his family and I felt bad that I left him in anger. I shrugged. "I guess I'll have to see what mood I'm in later," I told him, deciding not to commit to anything.

"Indecisive are you?"

"No, but I'm not going to bang you if it's not something I want."

"Oooh, I like you Logan. But here, you're going to need this if you decide that you aren't busy," he slid over a hotel room key. I looked down at it, wondering if I should take it or not. "Take it babe, just in case," he urged, pushing it closer to me.

"Alright," I took the card and slipped it into my clutch purse. I finally got to my food as Harry took his last bite.

"Well, I'll see you later then," he said with a wink before getting up from the table and wandered away.

I ate my food in silence, alone. I longed to walk over to Liam's table but I didn't want to interrupt their family moment. The food was delicious and I could see why Ruth liked it so much.

Fifteen minutes later, while I was closing my eyes for a moment, I heard someone pull out the chair beside me. I figured that it was Harry again, but when I looked beside me it was Liam.

"So what did Harry want?" he asked, fiddling with the table cloth.

I shrugged. "Just keeping me company. What's with you guys anyway?" A scowl formed on his face, but he stayed quiet. "Fine, don't tell me."

"I think you should stay away from him."

"What, why?" I was confused. Yeah, harry seemed a bit self-absorbed and over confident but he didn't seem harmful at all.

"Just stay away from him, Logan," he snapped through clenched teeth.

"Whatever Liam. I can make my own decisions and you didn't even give me a reason. This is bullshit," I shook my head. I got up from the table and went inside. I passed Karen on my way to the stairs.

"Are you ok, Logan?" she asked, carrying two pitchers of bunch to add to the bowl outside.

"Uh, yeah. I just have a bit of a headache, so I was going to lay down for a little while," I lied. I just needed to get away and cool down. Liam was acting self-righteous, like he was better than everyone and knew everything. He wouldn't give me a reason to stay away from Harry so I didn't plan to.

***

That night, I found myself standing in the lobby of Harry's hotel. I had snuck out while everyone was still outside, careful to shut my door so they would still think I was there.

"Need help, ma'am?" a man asked, coming up to me. He was dressed in a suit and was giving me a concerned look.

"No, no," I shook my head. Really, I was trying to decide whether or not to go up to his room. I had never second guessed having a one night stand before, but now it seemed different, like there was something at stake.

"Alright, have a nice night," the man told me and walked back behind the desk.

I took a deep breath and decided that I might as well go up there if I was already there. I found my way to the elevators, pushing the button for the seventh floor. The elevator ride was excrutiatingly long, but I was glad I was alone for it. The bell dinged when I reached the floor and I stepped out, looking in both directions and found the hallway empty. I wandered down the hall to the right and found Harry's room.

I wasn't quite sure if I was supposed to knock first, but I decided on just going in because he had given me a room key. I slid the key in the slot slowly and pulled it out, the light turning green. Opening the door slowly, I found his dress shoes by the door and a few things hanging in the closet. The bathroom door was closed, so I quietly walked past the living room space and into where the bed was. It was a king sized bed and the covers were pulled back. There was a suitcase in the corner with some clothes spilling out of the open sides. An open bottle of whiskey was on the table beside the bed.

A few minutes later, I heard the bathroom door open. Harry walked into where I was sitting on the bed, only a towel wrapped around his waist. There were tattoos on his tanned chest and his dark hair was damp.

"Logan?" He stopped in his tracks when he noticed me. "I didn't think you would show. I heard you were sick," he said, his words slurring slightly.

I shrugged. "I'm better now." My eyes kept traveling down his body without my control.

"Like what you see?" I chewed on my bottom lip as my eyes found his. "C'mon, you don't have to be shy," he smirked, closing the distance between us. He moved my legs apart so he could fit between them.

"Harry..." I said, getting second thoughts about this. Liam kept entering my mind, but my body was reacting differently.

"You came here. Don't tell me you didn't know what was going to happen," he said, inching his face toward mine.

"Fuck it," I breathed out, and pulled his face to mine. The kiss was sloppy and urgent. Harry pushed me back on the bed, climbing on top of me. His hands roamed my body before sliding up under my dress.

"Are you ready, baby?" he murmured, sliding down my underwear.

"Harry, please. Just do something, anything," I spit out. He took off his towel and entered me soon after. His thrusts were hard and fast, making me reach my high quickly.

When we were finished, he fell onto the bed next to me. I sat up a few moments later, feeling exhausted and disgusted with myself. I found my underwear on the floor and slipped it back on. I gathered my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head.

"Going so soon?" Harry asked, propping himself up on his elbows as I put my heels on.

"Uhm, yeah. I should probably get back before anyone notices."

"Goodbye kiss?" he asked lazily. I groaned but walked over and gave him a peck on the lips. "Don't be a stranger. Look me up if you're ever in London again," he called after me.

On the cab ride home, I couldn't think about anything but how Liam would react if he found out. I paid the driver upon arriving back at Liam's and opened the front door as quietly as I could. The downstairs was completely dark now and I quickly found the stairs. Liam's door was shut and mine was too, like I had left it. Twisting the knob as carefully as I could, I tip toed in.

"Where the hell were you?!" Liam demanded, causing me to jump back.

hi, i start classes on wednesday and i'm really not looking forward to it (((: hope you like the chapter, any ideas of what happened between liam and harry? please vote and comment xx zoe

gif because it's sexy.