Chapter 31

Drew's POV

"Bella!" I say, rushing towards her and falling to my knees. My saw drops on the ground beside me as I press my lips against hers. Our mouths work in sync until I pulled away to breathe.

A tear slides down my cheek as I check the terrible state that she is in. Bruises mar her body, along with blood and irritated skin where her ankles and wrists are. Every few seconds, her right leg twitches involuntarily. Her eyes look like they have sunk into her skull and she has dark circles under them as if she hasn't slept in days.

"I missed you," I tell her. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes as she smiles. As a tear slides down, my thumb quickly catches it and wipes it away.

"I missed you too," she says, " but can you untie me."

Oh, right! The plan.

"Sure." I say, unlatching the metal part of the straps. I gasp when I see the state of her wrists. They are going to get infected and I don't see any alcohol to clean the skin with. Once she is free from the straps and I sit her up on the table, I grab my saw and lift her up bridal style. With her finally in my arms, I walk out the door and down the hallway towards our freedom.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Bella's POV

He carries me down a series of hallways, occasionally glancing at me as if he were going to lose me again.

"We can't stay here. Nix . . . he'll-"

"Shh . . . I know. I have a plan. Do you trust me?" He says, softly. A frown pulling on his lips.

"With all of my heart." I say, smiling softly. Seeing me smile, a smile forms on his god-like face.

"Good." Suddenly, with me still in his arms, runs down a hallway with a bunch of hatches. He sets me down on the ground as he tries to pry open one of the hatches. "We need . . . to get . . . through this. It's an escape pod." He grunts, using all of his weight to open the door.

While he does that, I take in my surroundings. Five hatches, or should I say escape pods, line each side of the hallway. The metal walls have a green glowing pattern etched into them. The pattern was quite pretty. There were swirls, hard edges, bends, and squiggles that started from the floor and covered the wall all the way to the ceiling. The hallway was lit with a few overhead lights, making the hallway a little bit dark but made the green pattern stand out. Drew grunts as he presses his weight into the door to push it open but it still doesn't budge.

"Drew I don't think you're going to . . ." What was that? I stop talking and turn my head to the left. Footsteps echo down the hallway. Actually it sounds like multiple footsteps.

"Bella, come here!" Drew whispers, motioning me towards him. I scoot myself quietly over to him, as the sound of footsteps approach us. He lifts me up and quickly but quietly sprints down the hallway and turn into the next one. He looked behind himself as he moves forward but doesn't notice the figure he is about to bump into.

"Drew!"

CRASH!!!!!!

Drew, me, and the creature come crashing towards the ground as he and the creature, who carried some metal objects, run into each other. Drew grips me harder as we both hit the ground, him absorbing almost all of the impact. The creature that he ran into fell on his butt and the stuff that he carried clattered to the ground beside him. The metal objects, made a loud noise that echoed down the hallway, alerting the footsteps to our position.

Drew gets up and picks me up before he sprints down the hallway. The footsteps that we heard near the escape pods grew closer to us as we ran. It sounded as if they were gaining on us. Drew turns left and runs down the hallway with me bouncing in his arms. Just as we were about to turn into another hallway, Drew and I are yanked backwards.

"I got them, Monsieur! I got them!" A red headed Fae said in what sounded like a light French accent.

"Good. Knock 'me out for me. We have a ship to catch." A heavy French accent says. I turn to see who said that but as I look up, a pain hits my head and I black out.

_____________________________

Well hello there!! It's been a little while since I have updated. More updates should be coming out soon. I don't really have a set date. My plan is to get this book finished before Christmas. I will publish chapter 32 soon! See ya!