Chapter 18

Bella's POV

       Then, the door opens and who I see made me take a step back.

     The guy from my dream, except that he is wearing a black fitted t-shirt and a "kiss the cook" apron over it.

     He scowls at the guard and then his eyes shift over to me. As soon as he sees me, he immediately lightens up and smiles widely.

    "Hi, would you like to come inside?" He asks, stepping aside to let me in. I hesitantly step inside the room and almost instantly, my eyes land on the pile of freshly baked cookies sitting on the kitchen counter.

   "You can have some if you want. I just pulled them out of the oven. They are a little bit hot so be careful." He says, noticing my gaze towards the plate of the delicious desert. We make our way over and each grab a cookie.

  As I bite, my eyes flutter shut and I can't help but moan as the gooey warm chocolate spreads across my tongue. Oh god! Did I really just do that?! I blush.

   He chuckles and reaches over to grab another one.

  "So...." I start, swallowing the last bit of cookie. "Why'd you call me here?"

"Getting straight to the point, huh? I just wanted to see how our newest resident was doing." His piercing grey eyes stare at me.

   "Oh. Well, I'm doing fine. Except for the Dejande wreaking havoc in our habitat."

   "Our?"

"Uh... Yeah. Drew and I."

"Oh...him." He says, angrily. I wonder why? What happened between him and Drew?

   "I'm sorry. I never caught your name." I say, politely. Maybe if I distract him, he'll forget about him. Drew is scared of him for a reason.

    "Just call me, Nix." He says, as I reach for another cookie. Seriously, is this guy a god? Because he makes heavenly cookies.

     "Anyways, about the Dejande. I can't do anything about that. See, they need a place to run around and hunt. You can't just keep them cooped up, they'll end up killing each other and since He  tried to escape, it only seemed fitting that they should use some of his land to run around. Although, now that you are in the picture, we might have to change something." He stands up and walks over to a desk that is covered in paperwork.

    I stand up and walk over to where he is and look over his shoulder. I see papers laying haphazardly on the desk. He shuffles through them, looks up at me, mutters a few incoherent words, and then finally pulls a single sheet of paper out of the mess.

  "Aha!" He exclaims. "This is it!"

   As he looks over the paper, the door opens and the guard walks in.

  "Boss, we have a problem in Sector D." The guard says in a monotone voice.

     "What problem?" Nix snarls, gripping the paper tightly. The poor guard glances at me and then back to Nix.

   "Problem 1-5-7, Code Yellow." He says and then flinches as Nix punches the wall closest to him.

   "What did they try this time?" He yells, causing me to flinch. I hate yelling.

  "Tried to overthrow a few of the elite. Most failed but a few managed to take down and kill three of them." The elite? Who are they?

   "Follow protocol. Round 'em up and take them to the cells. I'll be down in a second to see them off." Nix orders. The guard turns and leaves, relaying the order to a few guards that were walking outside.

    "Stay here and enjoy the cookies. I'll be back in fifteen minutes."

    And with that, he leaves.

_______________________________

Ok so I know this is a short chapter and I'm sorry about that but I just drove for three hours and this girl is tired. Also, it's almost midnight and I need to study for Spanish but I'm going to sleep instead.

I am going to try to update regularly. It will most likely be on the weekends since school just started. So I will try to do that instead of a few chapters randomly every month.