Chapter 30

Drew's POV ( a few hours earlier)

It's been days since I've seen Bella. Is she okay? Is she alive? I look across the habitat with my tear filled eyes to where the shack is. What would I do if her and I could be in the same place and be together?

      As I focus on the shack thinking about what I would do to get Bella back, the habitat glitches for a second. Instead of the cloudy sunset sky, I see metal and a glass window looking into a room. The room where they took me before knocking me out. Besides the window is a metal door that doesn't look like it has a knob but it does have a built in key pad.

       I see cameras zoomed in at different parts of the habitat. Two of which are stationed on me. I look off into the distance and pretend like I don't see them. If I look like I don't see them then they will assume that I don't. And if they assume that I don't, I will be safe and I will be able to come up with a plan. Now..... I just need to come up with a plan.

                  * an hour later *

"What do I do?" I say, walking down to the shack. "What do I do?"
So I have a half formed plan. My plan is to get out of here, get Bella, and get off the ship. Pretty simple, right? But how do I do that? How do I get out and save her? I don't even know where she is? Also I don't even know if she is alive but I pray that she is. She just has to be okay.

Before I was knocked out, I saw the code that the Guillos punched in. I think it was something like 2 . . 0...6...4... Wait, no! It was 5. It was 2065. That's the code.

        So all I have to do is find the door, punch the code, and get the hell out of here. I know the lay out of the ship. I know where everything is except for the rounds that the soldiers do. Besides what do I do after I escape from this? There are soldiers out there that are armed and ready to kill. What could I do? I don't have the proper weapons to take them down. Unless . . .

      I make it inside the shack and look around. The red chair that Bella would sleep in, my chair, the fireplace that has a ratty old blanket in front of it. I don't really have anything that I could use except . . . The floor boards!

    I race to the back corner and quickly pry the floor board up. I shuffle through shirts, pants, a hammer, photos, letters, a wrench, a small pocket knife, and a saw. Score!

     I put the pocket knife in my small jean pocket, grab the hammer and put the handle through a belt loop, and I grab the saw. I quickly grab a flannel shirt and put it on, covering my hammer. I, then, rush outside and back to the tree that I have been desperately clinging to these past few days. Ok I need to find the door . . . I need to find the door.

     I sit back down to where I was when  the habitat glitched. Ok so I was sitting here . . . Pretty much balling my eyes out and throwing a pity party. Things go bad and glitches happen. It came from . . . Up high.

    I look up and see the sunsetting sky. No longer is there a visible window but I know it's there. And under that has to be the door. But what direction did it come from?

     Okay, okay... I can do this. Just think. What direction did it come from? I was sitting here, balling my eyes out and everything glitched. From the corner of my eye. . . But which eye? I think it was my left eye. It had to be my left eye, right?

       I get up and walk towards my left where there is supposed to be nothing but the food slot and empty "skies." I make it to the sun setting wall and place my hands on it and feel around. I can feel the electricity vibrating with life as my hands glide over it. I keep feeling around the supposedly metal wall until I feel a different texture. Rubber!

         I feel around the rubber surface and can feel indentions as if the rubber pieces were buttons. The buttons were in a 3 by 3 grid with one extra button at the bottom in the middle section. That had to be the button zero if this was the keypad.

      I place my index finger on what I think is the "two" button and press it. A ping goes off and I move my finger towards the middle row, last button and press it. Ping! Then I do the same to the six and five. Both giving off that beautiful pinging sound. Then, suddenly, a whir sound comes out and then a very low buzz before an unlocking sound comes out of the door and keypad. The door pushes itself open just an inch. Which is enough for me to quickly grab it and pull it open for me to escape.

No one was outside the door as I barrel through it. I raise my saw as I frantically run out of the control room that was beside my habitat. just imagine seeing a battered angry looking person with a saw in one hand running towards you with it raised. That would be what I looked like in this moment.

Where am I going? I have no clue where she is at. Okay if I were a crazy psychotic demon thing that loved stalking and murdering people where would I hide a person? Where would I hide a person on a ship with other creatures? If I know Nix, and I do, he would hide a person in a place where he could torture them . . . I'm a freaking idiot. She's in the torture chambers. She just has to be.

I stalk down a hallway seeing a few Cokara carrying fabric and food trays. I hide my saw and keep my head down as I pass them. They pay no mind as they keep their beady eyes on the floor in front of them.

20 minutes and way too many twists and turns down hallways later, I finally stand in the torture chambers sector. She has to be here. I walk down the hallway that are filled with screams and grunts of pain. She has to be here, I just know it.

Passing a room with a window in it, I see a young Cokara girl with her guts and intestines being displayed. Her purple blood is all over the metal table and the floor. I keep my eye on her for a second to see if she is alive but I don't see her breathing. Her round mouth is open and her eyes are filled with pain. She had a terrible death. A death that she most likely didn't deserve.

Moving on, I go to the next room. An old Dejande male is tied down to a metal rod in the middle of the room. It circles the rod and pulls on the metal chain that connects to the collar around his neck. He doesn't deserve this either. He should be back on his planet roaming the fields and hunting down his prey, not stuck in a room with unknown forms of torture coming his way.

I turn down another hallway with less filled rooms. I look to my right and see the Guillos that knocked my out all bloody and bruised in the room. He is unconscious but he has a steady breath. He'll be fine.

In the room across from him, I see a figure lying down splayed across the table. The figure's foot is slowly inching the metal tray table closer to it. With a final pull of the leg, the figure got it up to it's head. Interesting, it's trying to escape. I push open the door and find that the figure is actually a girl.

"Drew?" The girl whispers, lifting her head up. I gasp, tears forming in my eyes as I finally recognize who she is. My Bella! My sweet Bella!

_______________________________