Chapter 24

Bella's POV

I wonder if this is how Drew felt? Being alone, not having anyone to talk to, feeling frightened that at any moment someone can just come in and hurt you or worse.... kill you.

For the past 12 hours, Drew was all I can think about. How he smiles when I say something funny. How he would give me some of his food. How he is deathly afraid of the dark and how he squeals when any sound is made in the dark. How manly of him, I snort. Although, he has a very good reason to be afraid.

     Thinking of him brings a smile to my face. I miss him. I miss how he tried to protect me. I miss his sarcastic comments. Heck, I just miss everything about him. I wonder what he is doing now? If he is ok? I need to get back to him.

"Nix, let me out!" I yell, desperately. Hearing shuffling from the other side of the door, I back up. The door handle moves slowly and is suddenly pushed open.

A small Cokara comes in,sets down a tray of gray slop, and turns to leave. I contemplate if I can escape right now but decide against it since I would be easily found. But then I think of Drew. What would happen if something happened to me? How would he react? Would he even care? Would he miss me?

I figure I would have to find out and in order to do that, I have to leave this room. The Cokara is shuffling out the door, it's grubby hand touching the brass handle of the door. Suddenly, I push the creature down and bolt out the door. The small creature makes a shrieking sound and attempts to get up but it can't. It kinda reminds me of a turtle on its shell. How sad, I think sarcastically, too bad that I need to escape.

     I make it to the living room where, not 12 hours ago, I sat eating cookies. I run across the floor, still hearing the shrieks and cries of the small Cokara. Ok, maybe I feel a little bit bad.

    Reaching for the door, I pull it open and step out into the hallway. Oh my god! I'm free!! I can make it, I'm going to make!

    I run down the series of hallways, trying to remember which ones I took, so I can get back to Drew.  After 20 minutes, I finally make it to the front of the warehouse and crouch behind a pedestal that holds a flower pot. I don't see anyone in the room. It's as if they all left to go on the ship. I'm free!

    I step out from behind the pedestal only to hear someone clear their throat.
Fuck....

_______________________________

Ok quick question. I am currently writing a werewolf book. I have three chapters done for that book. Now the question is... should I go ahead and publish them or wait till I have most of the story? Comment what you want.