**The last visit.**

EDIT: This is not a chapter, i did originally put chapter 13 but that was a mistake on my behalf.  this is just a kind of what happened sort of thing. i dont know if that made any sense .

Noah's POV

Keegan was in a mess today, trying to make everything perfect for there last inspection. If this doesn't go well..well let's just say, there would be a lot of screaming and crying kids and Keegan would have no family left. So this had to go well.

I was cleaning the kitchen after making lunch, it was very quiet which was strange. Keegan walked into the kitchen giving me a confused look.

"Where are the kids?" He asked me

"I'm not sure, they ate lunch and then I don't know where they went"

Keegan went upstairs then came down minutes later with a small smile.

"Zeke and Matt were in there room watching something, the rest were playing cards"

"Ah that's why it was so peaceful" I stated. I finished cleaning the kitchen than sat in the living room with Keegan.

He put his head in my lap and started to whine.

"What's wrong?" I questioned

"I want this to go well...or most of my siblings will be gone..."

I placed a kiss on his forehead and played with his hair

"Its going to be fine...trust me"

Later that day the social worker came, as usual I had to keep Zeke with me at all times so he wouldn't be a nuisance.

It was all going very well, the kids had a few interviews and the lady looked around the house.

When she was done talking with Nate she grabbed her clipboard and looked at Keegan.

"Where is the youngest one, Lilly?" She questioned.

"Shes not here, shes with our aunt" His face dropped as she wrote on her clipboard.

"And why is that? Was she too much to handle or couldn't you look after so many kids"

His face went from sadness to anger in a quick second

"Actually the opposite, I sent her away for her own good. I knew that one day you people would show up here questioning everyone, and my sister doesn't need to be questioned. Shes too young to remember what happened with our father and the least she knows the better. I was protecting her from the past that she doesn't need to know about yet" He ranted on and on, showing how protective he is over his own siblings.

When he had finished what he said, he stormed outside to calm down. Tim followed him and I delt with this woman.

Later that evening me and Keegan were cuddling up on the sofa, his head on my lap.

"What if what I said has ruined the chances I had...what if they get taken..what would I do..?" He was on the verge of tears, I could tell by the sound in his voice.

I waited a bit till I spoke.

"Then me and Tim will both help you fight your case and get them back, but honestly..what you said was good, you wanted to protect your sister like any parent or sibling would, if anything you probably helped" With that I held him close and we fell asleep.
.
.
.
*no ones POV*

Days past and Keegan finally got word that he was capable of keeping the kids, that they were better off with someone they trust and who care and protect them. With word of this he got Lilly and the others back home, where they would be safe once more.
.
.
.
.
.
Sorry about the short chapter. Things have been busy so chapters will be short for a while.