Chapter 7 A brother's protection (Part 1)

Nathaniel's P.O.V

I was in the kitchen with Matt helping him with his cooking exam next week, Right now I should be practicing my violin for my music exam later today, but i'd rather not practice can get my nerves up So I decided to help Matt.

"So Nate you excited for your music exam?" I looked down at the bowl and just nodded, this got Matt worried. "Hey buddy whats wrong? this isn't like you to have nerves before a music exam"
I was a little annoyed at him, dosent he know this exam could choose my future.

"Yeah well its not everyday I have the opportunity to get a scholarship to the most famous music school in the world, is it" I replied in a sassy tone not knowing Tim was right behind me, till he slapped my thigh quite hard.

"Ouch!" I swung around and glared at him "I would watch that sassy little attitude before your bottom gets it" He said and I just nodded, afraid that If I spoke I may be in more trouble.

I went back to mixing the batter for Matt. After that I just sat at the table on my phone, thats when I realised the time, I had ten minutes to be there for my appointment.

"Shit!" I shouted it, not meaning too it was an accident. "Nate! watch the language!" I heard Keegan yell from the living room. "Sorry Keegan, but we have ten minutes to be at the school!" I ran upstairs grabbed my jacket, put my shoes on and got my Violin case.

"You ready?" I nodded at Keegan and everyone wished me luck, like hell I needed luck right now.

We arrived in enough time for me to check in and be seated.
"Nathaniel Smith!" I heard a woman say, I followed her into a room where there were 3 other people, I felt the nerves kick in, oh geez thats exactly what I needed.

"When your ready" I started playing one of my favourite songs, It wasn't on the list of songs to play that they gave me, but I didn't care I knew this song of by heart, I didnt mess up and at the end they clapped and told me to go wait with my father.....they thought Keegan was my father.

I left the room quite sad and I sat down. "Whats wrong Nate?" I just looked at him and burst into tears. "T...They thought you....you where my father..." I hugged Keegan tightly as he was rubbing my back. "Shh buddy your alright, hey look someone is coming over now" I looked up and the receptionist handed me a letter and said I could go now.

I walked out to the car and opened it, I suddenly smiled after reading it. "K...Keegan they accepted me!" I told him, he smiled at me and drove home, when we got there I ran inside to find Matt.

"Matt! Matt!!" I yelled " What is it? did you get in?" I hugged him tightly and nodded. "Well done Nate, thats amazing, I knew you could do it" After he said that I felt like being sick, I ran to the downstairs bathroom and threw up, I felt someone's hand on my back. "Its just nerves buddy your ok" I heard Matt say "But I've done the hard bit...Matt, why throw up now, stupid body" "Hey enough of that, your body aint stupid alright" He had that voice of 'If you argue back, your life will be hell' tone to It, so I just nodded.

"Good boy, now go change, dinner is ready" With that he left me. I brushed my teeth and changed clothes.

*Next day*

I dont know what came over me but I had this voice in my head telling me to play with my soccer ball inside the house as It was raining, so I did No one was around anyway, I was kicking it about doing tricks and such when I heard Matt shout/whisper for me to stop, lets say he scared me and the ball went through the tv.

"Nate! Keegan or Noah is gonna kill you" He said, with worry in his voice. I on the other hand was terrified when I heard Keegan come downstairs.

"What happened in here!! someone better tell me now!" He yelled. I froze and Matt was shaking , even tho he had nothing to do with it. "Well!! time is ticking boys, one of you answer before both of you get spanked!" I was about to speak when Matt jumped in.