Chapter one

Matthew's POV.

My alarm went off at 7 o'clock seeing as its a monday morning, on regular days I will be up dressed and had my breakfast by now, but today was different, I didnt feel like doing anything but staying in bed.

I turned off my alarm and slid under the covers and went back to sleep, I know that Keegan will have my ass for this but right now I didnt care, all I wanted to do was sleep seeing as I didnt sleep till gone midnight.

Keegan's POV

I woke up around six thirty to get the kids breakfast ready for seven, I sat down at the counter and drank my coffee and waited for the kids. Everyone came down except for Matt which is odd, hes always the first down unless hes ill, this worried me and I decided to go check up on him.

I walked up the stairs to his room and knocked on the door, but no answer, I knocked again my patience running thin but still no answer, after the second knock I opened the door to still see him asleep in bed. This annoyed me so much, I grabbed the covers pulling them off him.

"Matthew Smith get your ass up right now" I said firmly but calmly.

the young boy rubbed his eyes and looked at me, I could tell he had hardly no sleep.

"Why Keegan, I dont want to go to school today" he said whilst yawning.

what cheek, its not up to him wether or not he wants to go in, I glared at him angrily, him knowing the trouble hes in got up and grabbed his clothes, I quickly grabbed his arm and turned him to face me.

"When you are dressed you go downstairs and find a corner to stand in, I do not expect this behaviour with you Matthew and you know it" I let go of his arm and he darted quickly past me.

I went back downstairs and awaited his presents.

Matthew POV.

How could I be so idiotic, I know my plan wasn't going to work and now instead of getting up when he said I had to open, my big mouth and refuse straight to his face. I got my uniform on apart from my jumper and tie as I didnt know where they were, I made my way downstairs looking at Keegan with sorry eyes but all he did was point to the Corner in the kitchen, I walked over there with my hands behind my back to avoid any swats from Keegan.

As I stood there I could here Tim sniggering and that made me tear up. I hate having to do this especially when my siblings are around. im sixteen not four!

"Matt where is the rest of your uniform?" Keegan questioned, What was I supposed to say, I couldn't find them as I didnt put them in the wash like I was asked to friday night.

"I..I don't know Keegan" I admittedly said, trying not to cry.

"So you didn't put them in the wash friday? when i specifically asked for you too?" He sighed I know his patients is low at the moment. "Lucas go get your spare uniform for Matt"

I must of been standing there for half an hour because the rest of them had gone to the bus stop, so now it was just me and Keegan and of course Lilly, as Keegan takes her in.

"Matt, I want the truth, Why did you refuse to get up this morning?" he sounded pissed off, but I couldn't answer him, just then this wall became so interesting as I just kept starring at it.

He swung me around to face him, my eyes stinging from holding my tears in.

"I wont ask you again Matt, something is wrong and I need to know" Now he sounded concerned.

"I didn't go to sleep till gone midnight..I had too much pain in my stomach to sleep, I'm sorry" I looked down at the floor.

"Alright, I believe you. I want you to go get into something comfortable and find your uniform, then I want you to wait in your room, your still in trouble for refusing instead of telling me the truth right away, I will be taking you to the doctor's" He kissed the top of my head and I gave him a half smile before heading upstairs.

I got into some jeans and a plain top and started to search for my uniform, but I started to get dizzy and I held my stomach where it hurt. All I remember was yelling for Keegan.

Keegan's POV.

I sent Matt upstairs to look for his uniform, If he had told me the truth right away when I woke him up, he probably wouldn't be in this mess, I was busy getting Lilly ready when I heard my name being yelled from Matt's room and then a loud crash. I ran upstairs quickly to see my younger brother passed out on the floor with his hand on his stomach, This could only mean one thing...Appendix. I called the hospital and then the school. The ambulance came and took him to hospital, It was a few hours later before I saw him again, he was still coming through from the operation, I stayed with him that night, I just hope Tim and Lucas can look after those kids