Violet Hill

Lila^

  "So. You saw it too?" I asked looking between Matt and Kris. They looked apprehensive and glanced at 'Lexei.

  "Saw what?" Matt asked looking at me confused.

  "That thing! It was like a big black dog!"

  "No idea what your talking about," Kris shrugged.

  "God your bleeding," Matt went to get up from the table but Kris got up quicker.

  "I got it," Kris came and sat next to me, snapping his fingers to 'Lexei's men. One of 'Lexei's men ran over with a medical bag and set it down on the table.

  Kris worked on unbuttoning my shirt to reach the wound this time. He was much gentler and took his time compared to before, possibly knowing that there wasn't as much eminent danger.

  I notice Matt glare defensively toward me, and then aggressively at Kris. Something must've been going on between the two, but I chose to stay out of it for the time being. The past incident really had me shaken up already, I didn't need to start anything else.

  "Matt, could you go play us a show tune or something."

  "Or something," Matt furrowed his eyebrows and stood. He too was able to snap his fingers and get the help of 'Lexei's men to accompany him to the stage.

  I didn't really bother listening to Matt at first, I was busy watching Kris take care of my bullet wound. He himself had taken little damage, he had been thrown around quite a bit though. My other arm was tucked against me till further notice however, it ached in it's place against my chest.

  "01110011, Crying zeroes and i'm hearing 111's. Cut my somersault, sign my backflip. Pool, summer, summer, pool, pool, summer... Kiss me!"

  I looked up and watched him hug the mic.

  "Hair the way the sun really wants it to be. Whiskey soda, please, your G&T's empty. Jeff's inflatables have sunk to the bottom. Pool, summer, summer, pool, pool, summer. Kiss me!"

  'Lexei's men did some back up humming.

  "Cali let's dive, dive down. To the pool's bottom where we belong. Cali, your sinking like a bleeding stone. All above crowd around... So fucking loud!"

  "Mr. Caspian's killer told me so..! Heard it down on the radio! Pool, summer, summer, pool, pool, summer vibes killed in cold blood!"

  Matt nodded. "Lalalala."

  "More!" 'Lexei shouted back to him and the turned back to us. "I started a treaty with some other gangs, small but influential here. They all agree your a very valuable person and should be treated like such. So I think any other gangs will start to fear us more. I think you need some more training though. You should have been easily able to escape what happened this morning."

  'Lexei got up and left the table taking some of his men with him. "Always make sure to have that gun on you at all times," He said before leaving the scene.

  "You should be fine."

  "What my first bullet hole or the fact that people expect me to be some great mafioso." I furrowed my eyes and glanced at Matt.

  "My love took my down to the river to silence me! And when he left I could not speak! I laid on the ground I tried to scream. But no sound did come out, I could only bleed-" Matt hummed and looked right over our heads.

  "This love's killing me but I want it to! So long your gone, just like I always knew! But i'm still here waiting for you!"

  Kris and I turned to see what he was looking at. A beautiful woman no older than me in a beautiful red dress approached the room. She was stunning, long curly brown hair, fire in her eyes that could only really be covered by her long lashes.