My Love Took Me Down to the River to Silence Me

It was a nice walk to say the least and Clyde seemed to enjoy himself. It wasn't really fresh air, but it was at least pumped in from outside and there was sun. Clyde himself seemed a little tense and then a figure appeared across the gardens.

"Aaron." I said flatly. Someone had to ruin my walk.

"Wow, I'm surprised after last night someone trusts you alone."

"Well, I'm surprised you think I don't have a pair of my own." I raised my eyebrows and Clyde snorted, as if I was funny.

"He doesn't know," Aaron smirked. "Does he?"

"No. But none of your damn business mister. I grew up here, I was raised here, I've lived here among the mob for many years. I survived the massacre."

I tried to ignore the faces of the people who didn't and focused on Mr. Smart Ass here.

"Ok. I believe you." He shrugged and came closer, continuing to walk with me and Clyde.

"And?" I asked confused.

"Have you ever thought of leaving."

"I thought you could never leave the mob." I glanced over at Aaron who seemed very pensive.

"No, but you can learn to disappear."

"Are you trying to kill me?" I asked glaring ahead.

"No, I'm just trying to help." Aaron huffed. "Think about what it would be like."

I bit my lip, "I have."

I left out the next door with Clyde at my side shaking my head.

When I got up to the loft I found Alexei sitting on the sofa with a bunch of other men all dressed up and fancy. I was completely ignored as I came in.

I dropped Clyde's unattached leash. It made a little clatter as it hit the carpet.

One of the men gathered around the coffee table looked up.

"So we need to invest in rebuilding the wing that was destroyed in the fire so we can make some profit again-"

I was getting upset with Alexei's attitude, last night I could consider it playful.

Now I was just pissed off.

A man sitting next to Alexei sat up further so I could see him. He stood from the group and as the group carried on oblivious to me.

Matt.

There was nothing.

"We're in a meeting." Matt crossed his arms at me like a bouncer, as if I was just a kid.

I was sick of this attitude among these fucking men. I haven't seen them in months maybe? Now they're treating me like trash?

"Good." I pushed him aside and grabbed my bag from the other night when I was rudely interrupted.

Throwing it over my shoulder I grabbed the dogs leash, bee lined for the dog sitting in his bed, grabbed him as well and went right back out the door.

I went with Clyde down to the management desk still standing.

*Alexei*

"That's cold boss."

I grabbed my glass of vodka.

"That's really fucked up actually."

One of the men to my left chimed in.

I nodded. "We need to form this union or the Italians will be back. They've lied to us already."