Chapter 19

Trexie's Pov

Cupid hotel

"What's wrong?"

I adjusted my gown and kept mute.

"Come on tell me?" he persuades again.

"I am beginning to think this is a bad idea," I said without looking his way.

He sighs and said nothing.

"This is going to be awkward, and I can't believe I'm about to lie to your parents in our first meeting. Look, Bryan, we shouldn't force things that are not true to be true." I said finally looking at him.

With his face scrunched up, he looks away and said nothing.

I continued "A woman knows a woman's heart. One way or the other, your mum will know we both are not happy. We are... no longer... together"

"Hey!" He points a finger at me, with his features changing.

I backed off a bit.

"They won't be knowing anything if you don't tell them."

I kept a straight face.

He glares at me for what felt like minutes before he wiped his palm on his face.

"Trex, nobody said we are no longer together. I know you have done things, but whether you like it or not, You're still my girlfriend" He said the last word through gritted teeth.

My eyes suddenly became heavy with anger.

"I wanted to ask you questions about why you cheated on me. But I'd prefer that you keep your acts together as you did earlier at your place. And if you don't mind, we have my parents to meet. And when I say meet, I mean on a happy note. So drop this now and put your acts together." He shoots me a warning glare while straightening his suits.

I quickly bent my head low, suppressing all negative expressions that were crying to unleash.

He sighs audibly again and held my palm. " Look I'm sorry Trex, I'm still mad at you and I'm trying to control my emotions here. So just help me out"

I thought I could do this, act like nothing is happening. I guess I'm wrong this time again.

Sooner or later, I will be telling him what he needs to know about Tony.

What about now? It's not a good time, but I could give him heads up.

"You know I wanted..."

"Oh, my lovely Boy" A female voice interrupted.

Bryan face lightened up, he looked so beautiful that I turned to know the source of his transformation, and my eyes caught the sight of two couples walking towards our table.

Bryan parents? They are strikingly young to give birth to a grown man like him.

"Mum, Dad" Bryan stood up with a boyish smile on his face.

I stood up also, well...there's this thing with my face...I don't know what it is but...

"Look at you my baby" His mum quickly embraced him.