Chapter 17

I sighed after recalling the memories.

My nose flared, I sniffled and wiped my palms on my cheeks, only to mess up my face with tears I didn't know were streaming down. It was so hot on my cheeks like they'd been held in an intensifying heat.

I quickly removed my sunglasses and dabbed my under eyes, but I was still tearing up. Like a heartbroken fragile woman, I began to shake under the pressure of trying to comport myself, since I was in public and wouldn't want anybody coming to ask what was amiss.

Succeeding in comporting my grown self, I knew that I only had a few minutes to break down again.

So I quickly fished out some cash from my purse, not forgetting a tip. And put it under the unfinished the parfait, I suddenly became enemies with my foodie nature. I stood up and grabbed my phone to call an Uber on my way out.

"Trex?"I heard a voice call and I looked up to acknowledge my audience.

He turns back and dismissed his two friends or brothers, they all looked alike.

"Trexie, good to see you here" he approaches.

I nodded and said nothing.

He fixes his hand in his pocket and sighed.

"Look I'm very sorry Trex, I didn't know how best to have stopped you. I needed you to forgive me and I'm so sorry about your boyfriend"

I looked away, holding my tears at bay, thanks for the shade I had on. He would have seen my bloodshot eyes and questioned me.

"It's okay Nico. It isn't your fault if I wasn't too knuckle-headed and forgave you right in the office. We wouldn't have started a drama for him to see"

He nods and looked behind me.

"You're leaving?" he asked.

I looked behind me, at the table, I just left and turned back to him.

"Yeah "

"Are you okay Trex?"

I looked down, although he couldn't see my eyes. I felt my eyes prickle, sooner I will tear up and that's what I should stave off.

I giggled and asked, "Because I'm hanging out alone?"

"Umm...no, you're looking pale"

I sniffled and said nothing.

"Come on, I'd like to buy you a drink. You can share whatever it is with me" He grabbed my hand and dragged me inside before I could object.

"Nico...hold on"

"Nope, let's brighten that face of yours."

I guess I'll just pass.

We got in and settled at the Vip lounge. I didn't order anything, I'm still not on good terms with my appetite.

"Even as little as chips?"

"Nope"

"Nothing at all?" he asked.

"Yeah"

"How can I be taking something when you're not?"

"I guess I should leave then, so you can ea..."

"I am fine too"

I giggled "Well..."

"So let's talk then"

"About what?"I asked.

"Why my secretary is cold?"

"I am not cold Nico. I...just...I don't know. I am just...well...fine" I suck at this.