38.

20 weeks

Jes

"Oh my God I don't think I'm gonna make it eight more weeks. I want this kid out of me now." Crystal groans as she sinks into the couch in her living room.

The boys are locked away in the studio, determined to finish the album before the first of the kids is born and things get insane. While they are preoccupied the girls and I decided to have our own fun in the form of mock tails and sappy romantic comedies.

Crystal had gotten up to pee at least a hundred times in the last four hours and I felt for her. At five months pregnant I was still relatively small and in that portion of pregnancy where I often forgot I even was pregnant. My only real symptoms at the moment were weird cravings and raging hormones.

Sierra wasn't much better off. Her tiny frame was already struggling with the added weight of the baby and at only seven months she looked absolutely ready to pop.

"I know I'd give anything to be pregnant, but you guys are kind of selling the adoption thing."

"Have you an Ash been talking about it more?" I ask.

"We've brought it up a few times. I think we're still both just feeling a little lost. I keep hoping we're almost through this but it's been really hard."

"Is he still saying he doesn't want to get married?" I ask softly, knowing it's a sensitive subject.

She sighs. "I've been hesitant to bring it up. I don't want to get my feelings hurt." I nod and drop the subject, returning my attention to the tv screen after looking down at the floor to check on P who is happily playing with her dolls.

My phone buzzes on the cushion beside me and I reach over to grab it, my mouth curving into a smile when I see Calum's name fill the screen.

Hi love, we're just finishing up for the night. You still at Mike and Crystal's?

Hey baby. Still here but I'll go ahead and head home. Can you pick me up a jar of pickles and a tub of frosting from the store?

The baby is still craving that?? Ew.

Your kid is out of control

So gross. I'll get it though. See you soon, I love you.

I love you

I slide my phone in my back pocket and announce my departure to the girls who all prepare to head off to spend time with their own significant others. Paisley starts to pout, not wanting to leave her current spot where she is curled up with Moose. The fit only lasts a moment, ending almost immediately when I mention Duke and Daddy are waiting for us at home.

The car ride is non-eventful. I pull into the garage and happily discover Cal's SUV already in his spot. I unload Paisley and she runs off towards the door letting herself in to the house to find Calum.

I follow behind shortly, entering the house to Duke barking at my feet wanting to be pet. I oblige him and then gaze around until my eyes land on Cal. He's twirling a squealing Paisley around in circles while covering her face in kisses. My heart swells at the sight of Cal and our daughter, he was born for this.

"Hi, gorgeous!" he calls, setting Paisley on the floor and stepping forward with his arms extended. He snakes them around my waist pulling me close to him. My eyes light up when I see the grocery store bag.

I lean up to press my lips to his before side-stepping him and diving straight into the pickles.

"I hope you know this is truly disgusting. You didn't crave anything like this when you were pregnant with Pais." He comments, as I happily dunk my pickle into the tub of frosting and take a bite.

"Yeah, well a lot of things this time have been different, but that's just why we think it's a boy."

"It would even things up nicely." He offers. "We already have a girl, the Clifford's are gonna have a little girl, the Hemmings' are having a boy. I'd be okay with a little boy to  teach the bass and how to play soccer."

"You can and do, do all of that with Paisley." I laugh.

"Yeah, but we could be just alike."

"I'd be perfectly okay with a mini version of you, even though P definitely looks more like you than she does me. My only request is that this one lets me be the favorite."

"Oh no." He says leading me to the couch and throwing his arm around me "I'm already working on being this one's favorite too." He says laying so his face is next to my belly and pulling my shirt up to reveal the bump.

"Hi buddy, it's Dada. I'm so excited to see you tomorrow and find out if you're a boy or a girl. Mumma and I are going to love you loads no matter what." He presses his lips to my skin before recovering the bump.

"You excited for tomorrow?" He asks once I'm snuggled back into his side. Paisley crawls on the couch and sits in his lap. Our little family all snuggled together makes my heart feel more full than ever before.

"I'm thrilled. I hope he or she cooperates this time."

"They're just stubborn like their parents." He grins and I nod into his chest.

"Already another little handful like this one." He says tickling Pais. She screeches and swirls while we laugh at her expense.

"Stop daddy! No tickle." She screams and he finally obliges her. She takes the opportunity to get him back doing her best to tickle him and he plays along, giggling and thrashing around.

"Think I'm about ready for bed. Bubs you ready to go night-night?" He asks the little girl on his lap and she nods. He lifts her up pulling her against his side and I follow them up the stairs.

Pais has recently moved from a crib to a toddler bed and Cal and I take seats on opposite sides of it as she picks out her story for the night and crawls into bed.

I run my fingers through her hair as Cal reads to her, one of her favorites, Goodnight Moon. It had been one of my favorites when I was little too.

When Cal finishes the story he leans down to kiss her and I follow.

"Ni-night mommy. Ni-night Daddy. I love you."

We whisper our I love you's back to her and watch her for a few moments as her eyes grow heavy and her breathing slows.

She may be growing up fast and about to be a big sister, but she'd always be our first baby.

Cal laces his fingers with mine and pulls me up from the ground. He tugs slightly on my hand as we say one last goodnight to our sleeping baby and head off to our own bedroom.

An: cute little soft chapter.

Sooo next chapter they find out the gender!!! Who has guesses?

Any name suggestions/guesses?

Sorry I've been so busy this week! Trying to update as much as possible just a lot going on!!

I love you guys!
Sav 🖤