14.

An: I am v upset about the Ash/KayKay breakup ☹️ they seemed so happy

Also so sorry this update took so long but a lot of stuff happened at the school I teach at. Very sad times right now, if you're a praying person I'd appreciate you sending up a prayer for us.

Calum

"Read them to me. I'm a big girl, I can take it." Jes says moving to lay beside me on the bed with her eyes scrunched up like she's wincing as she waits for me to read the tweets with her name in them following the show.

"Calum smiled so damn big when he saw Jes and Paisley-Kora tonight. They make me so soft"

"I need mom and dad, aka Cal and Jes, to get married already."

"Jes has Cal and looks like that. Can I be her?"

"What the fuck? Those are all so nice. Aren't they supposed to, like, hate me?"

"You're a hard person to hate, Jes. You're so damn nice to everyone, you're gorgeous, and you make me smile like a lovestruck fool. They know you make me happy so most of them will be supportive. Any who aren't are just assholes."

"Aw look people have pics of P onstage." I add turning my phone to show her.

"Aw I'm glad someone caught it. It was so cute!" She gushes and I hum in agreement.

"Not as cute as you!" I say turning to bury my head in her chest.

"You comfy there babe?" She asks with a light laugh as I snuggle next to her.

"My favorite place to be." I say seriously because it's true. My favorite place in the world is right next to her.

"Daddddyyyyy" I hear a soft voice call through our house and I groan as I leave my comfy spot to go get my sweet P.

"Hi bubs. You want to come lay down with daddy and mummy until you go to sleep?"

"Mama, daddy." She says reaching up with her arms over her crib railing. I grab her up and return to our bedroom crawling back into bed and putting Paisley between Jes and myself.

"You're such a sucker." Jes laughs lightly gesturing down to P who's now snuggled up to us. "You know she can't sleep in the bed with us."

"I know, I know. I'll put her in her crib once she falls asleep."

She smirks at me and we give each other a knowing look before we attack P with tickles. She shrieks and her little laughs fill our bedroom.

"No daddy. No momma."

I give in and pull her close to me so I can whisper. "Let's get mummy." She gets a mischievous glint in her eyes and turns to face Jes. A confused look passes over Jes' face until both Paisley and I attack her. She recoils and tries to avoid us but I pin her down and let PK take over. It continues for a few minutes until the three of us dissolve into a fit of giggles.

"I'll get you back! Don't you worry." Jes says pointing to us and flopping against the pillows. "It's late and someone is up way past their bedtime." She leans forward to press her nose to P's.

"Night, night time PK." I say pulling her to me. She snuggles close and closes her eyes. I kiss the top of her head and run my fingers through her hair until her soft snores sound through the room.

"You're such a good daddy, Cal." Jes whispers, careful not to wake our sleeping babygirl. "I remember when I found out I was pregnant, I was so scared that you wouldn't want her. That you wouldn't want to be a dad. That I'd disrupt your life with my news and you'd resent me forever. It was enough anxiety to have me considering other options besides becoming a mom." She reaches up to wipe a stray tear from her eye. "God, that seems so long ago now. You exceeded all my expectations, ya know? Even the best case scenario ones. Paisley got the best daddy I could want for her and I got the most amazing man I've ever known. I can't wait to be your wife Cal." I blink back tears as she finishes, leaning over to give her a soft kiss.

"I love you, Jes. I can't wait to give you my last name. I know you're tired, let me put our princess to bed and then let's get some sleep." She nods and makes herself comfortable while I carry my babygirl to her nursery. I slide her off my arm and into her crib careful not to wake her as I place her favorite stuffed animal in her arms. I flip on her night light and bend down to give her one last kiss goodnight before I flip on the monitor and head back to my bedroom.

I fall onto the mattress and put my arm out to the side. Jes takes it as an invitation and scoots closer to me, resting her head against my shoulder. I close my eyes and let the smell of her hair and the sounds of her breaths lull me to sleep.

Jes

"Damn it Cal! The wedding is in three weeks and you've helped with nothing! It's your wedding too you know?" I say feeling my face flush with frustration.

"I'm sorry babe, I've just been busy."

"And I haven't? Don't mind me just over here raising our daughter, trying to run a business, doing all the housework while you're awol in the studio, on top of planning our entire wedding." I'm crying now and I rub angrily at my cheeks to disrupt the light tracks of tears.

"Hey, hey come on, don't cry. What's this really about love?" He asks, pausing Game of Thrones and coming to sit with me on the couch where I'd sat after entering the living room to join him.

"I've barely seen you this week and it's just been hell. I feel like I'm drowning."

"You know better than to keep this all bottled up, Jes." He furrows his eyebrows together and pulls me to his chest. "I didn't know you were feeling like this."

"You've been so busy, I didn't want to bother you with my anxiety bullshit."

"Your mental health isn't bullshit, Jes. And I'm never too busy for you or Paisley. I don't give a fuck what I'm doing, it can wait."

"I just feel like I've done everything for the wedding, I don't know it just feels like maybe I want it more than you do."

"Jes.." he closes his eyes and scratches the base of his neck. "You're an event planner, I just assumed you knew what you wanted. I want you to have whatever you want, as long as you're my wife by night fall I'll be happy. The little stuff doesn't bother me. I do care though, so much. If you want me to help just tell me what to do, we can talk these things out baby, don't let it build up like this. I know I've been busy but it's so I can focus on us after the wedding. I love you, Jes. I want to marry you, I've never been more sure of anything in my life."

"I'm just feeling overwhelmed and frustrated."

"Is this really about the wedding, Jes? Or is it about the pregnancy test?"

An: 🤔🤔🤔

Vote & comment!

Ily! Next chapter = Calsie Wedding. It's gonna be long and may take a few days!

-Sav 🖤