18.

Jes

"Daddy!" Paisley yells as she runs to the door to greet us. I roll my eyes as she flies right past me to jump into Cal's arms.

"Geez, Pais. Tell us who your favorite really is." I say sarcastically as Calum coats her cheeks in kisses and she giggles. I would be upset at not being the favorite parent if they weren't so damn cute. Cal really found his place as a dad. He loves P so clearly with all his heart and she worships the ground he walks on. I couldn't fault her for being a Daddy's girl, I had always been one too.

"How was your night at the hotel?" Joy asks stepping into the entryway to greet us and offering me a hug.

"The room was beautiful and it was nice for it to just be us for a change. Though we sure did miss this little stinker." I say turning to Paisley and tickling her sides. She squeals and finally reaches out for me. I take her from Cal squeezing her against my chest and kissing the top of her head.

"How was your night with Grammy and Grampy?" I ask her and she pulls one of her exaggerated faces.

"Grammy give P cookie."

"Oh, she did!" I say trying to match her enthusiasm as she nods excitedly.

"Hey, where's Duke?" Cal asks and I frown noticing that our dog baby isn't excitedly circling our feet.

"He'll be back in a second. Mali took him out for a walk."

"Oh, okay." Cal says taking a seat on the couch and P from my arms. She climbs across his lap and stares at his arm covered in tattoos. She traces the markings with her tiny fingers, an activity she's enjoyed a lot recently. We've only sat for a few moments before Mali's light voice carries through from the front door.

"There's my baby brother and his gorgeous bride. How are the newlywed this morning?" She asks extending her arms to hug each of us.

"We couldn't be better." Calum says bending down to greet Duke and rub the spot behind his ears he loves so much. "You sure you're ready to handle our kids by yourself for nearly a week?" Cal asks standing from the floor with Duke squirming in his arms attempting to kiss him.

"Auntie Mali's Doggie and Daughter daycare is ready for the challenge."

Calum mutters a "yeah, yeah" before pecking Mali's cheek and returning to the couch.

"What time do you have to be at the airport?" David asks propping his ankle across his knee in our big armchair.

"Our flight is at two so we need to be at the airport by twelve, we've got around an hour. We actually wanted to ask Mali some things. Would you guys mind keeping PK entertained while we talk on the deck?" Calum asks his parents and they agree, happily accepting their granddaughter's attention.

Cal and I lead Mali out the backdoor and take a seat on our patio furniture.

"So is this about Kay and Ash?" Mali asks as soon as we're outside.

"How'd you know?" Cal asks laughing lightly, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

"Because I know you two. You want the best for your friends and you both are nosy Nancy's."

Cal scoffs but I just shrug admitting it, she's not wrong.

"So--" I trail off waiting for her to share her intel with us.

"I think they surprised even themselves with their actions. Ash caught the garter and then it was like Kay's body took over for her. I don't even think she realized she caught the thing until after everyone started making a big deal about it."

"They had run off when we left, did they come back?" Cal asks. I love that he's as worried about them as I am.

"Yep!" Mali says with a smirk. "Came back looking quite loved up and danced together before leaving in Kay's car. Ash told Luke, who'd brought him, he didn't need a ride home. No one has heard from him sense that I am aware of. So, I'm hopeful they've settled their issues."

"I think we all are." I say leaning into Cal's chest.

"God, we've only been gone a few hours and I already miss Pais like crazy." I say wiping my eyes with the sleeves of Cal's hoodie. "I don't know if I can make it six days."

"You'll be a'ight. Come here babe." He says his Australian accent becoming thick for a moment before dissipating. He throws his arm around me and I snuggle against him in the plush first class cabin seats.  "Wanna watch a movie?" He asks tilting his head down to meet my eyes. I nod and he flips through the choices before settling on a new action film we haven't seen. I let the car chases and shootouts distract me from thoughts of home and leaving our baby at home without us for nearly a week.

"Please return your seat to an upright position, fasten your seatbelts and secure your lap tray for landing." The pilot's voice comes through the planes overhead speakers waking me from my apparently long nap.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." Cal mumbles into my hair. His sleepy voice low and thick. His beanie is pulled low over his hair and his sweats and T-shirt combo has him looking awfully cuddly. I bury my head into his chest.

" 'm tired." I say and it's true. Despite me spending the better part of the flight asleep I'm exhausted.

"Well I'm gonna need you to wake up, I've got plans for us." He whispers slipping from his seat and assembling our carry on luggage.

"Wanna clue me in on those?"

"Absolutely not. It will ruin the surprise."

I roll my eyes but follow him as the first class passengers are allowed to deplane. Excited to have my favorite man all to myself in this gorgeous country for six whole days.

"Holy fucking shit, Calum!" I say turning to face him my eyebrows raised.

"You like it?" He asks looking at the wooden deck below him.

"It's too much. This is really our home for the week?"
He nods, a shit-eating grin taking over his face.

"It's nothing major, but I thought we could use a hideaway for a bit. A place for just us to escape to, because I plan to spend the next six days showing you just how much I love you."

calumhood, itslenabxtch, and 243,673 others like this JGoodHood Starting our new life together in the most beautiful place I've ever seen 🖤

JGoodHood Starting our new life together in the most beautiful place I've ever seen 🖤

An: short but important filler chapter!

Keep sending in your requests for one shots! I'm having a lot of fun writing them! Check out the one shot book if you haven't!

Ily
Sav 🖤