11.

Calum

Once our friends had come to terms with Jes and I getting back together and us resuming our engagement, we quickly returned to planning our wedding. It helped that we'd already picked everything out once before, and it didn't hurt that Jes was an event planner.

Luke and Sierra's wedding was set for the end of September, only a month away. Jes was planning that one as well and would need some time afterwards to focus on our own. Jes and I settled on December 20. It was the two year anniversary of the day I'd asked her to be my girlfriend and we felt we could get everything together by then.

With the date set, it seemed like time switched gears to warped speed and Luke and Sierra's big day was upon us before we knew it.

I felt a sense of déjàvu as I put on my tux. Only six weeks before I'd done this for another of my brother's and soon they'd don the formal wear for me. I smiled to myself at the thought, with every passing day I was closer to giving the woman I loved my last name. I fastened my cuff links and glanced around the dressing room for Paisley. I found her off to the side playing with her baby doll.

"Come here P let's fix your hair before your mum comes and yells at me for not having you ready." She wobbles to her feet and walks slowly towards me. It's incredible how much more confident she's become in her steps in the past few weeks.

I think back to the day she took her first steps. I'd just gotten home from the studio, we had recorded a song I was really happy with and I wanted to show Jes the voice recording I'd made to get her opinion.  I'd come into the living room to find Jes playing with Paisley and when she'd seen me she'd just stood up and walked over. It was only a few steps and she fell at my feet but both Jes and I had cried. As much as I loved watching her learn and grow, part of me wished I could keep her my baby forever.

She falls against my chest and I hug her close before straightening her up and adjusting the flowers in her hair. She smiles when I tell her she looks pretty and gives me one of her sloppy kisses . I hear the door open and grab her up just as Jes walks in.

"Thanks for getting her ready, hair and makeup took forever. Y'all look great guys." I smile at her and lean down to kiss her forehead.

"You look beautiful babe." I tell her before leaning in closely. "I can't wait until it's our turn." She looks up at me and a soft smile spreads across her face.

"Me either. I love you." She whispers. Paisley reaches out for her and I let her move into Jes's arms.

"Luke you're a lucky man. Sierra looks gorgeous. See you guys in a bit!" She calls spinning on her heels and setting off to handle last minute details and then switch from her role as wedding planner to her role as a bridesmaid.

The boys and I all take a shot to calm the nerves and then assume our places at the front of the aisle. Sierra and Luke had picked a garden courtyard to serve as the venue for their wedding. It was reminiscent of the secret garden, stone walls surrounding a beautiful collection of flora. Simple white chairs had been set out in rows for the guests and every one of them seemed to be filled as I gazed into the crowd. There was a gate at the opposite end of the aisle where the wedding party would enter.

I rock on my heels as I stare at that spot waiting for Jes to appear there. The music starts and one by one the girls appear in their deep burgundy dresses. They are all pretty girls but none make my heart skip a beat quite like the one coming in last. I can't stop my grin as Jes walks towards the front, or keep my mind from thinking about the next time this would happen, when Jes would be the one in white.

Paisley comes in next walking with the ring bearer who is a few years older than her and some cousin of Sierra's. I try not to be annoyed that he is holding my baby's hand and try to remind myself it's to help her walk. I truly am screwed when she gets older. I suck in a sharp breath when P trips and glance over at Jes to find her looking at me with the same concerned expression. I'm scared Paisley is about to have a meltdown but she lets the little boy pull her up and continues throwing flowers. She gets to the end of the aisle and walks straight for Jes, reaching up towards her mum indicating she wants to be held. I don't miss Jes's look of satisfaction she throws at me when P goes to her instead of me. I roll my eyes playfully and shoot her a look that tells her this is but a small victory, I'm still PK's favorite parent.

Sierra comes in next and Luke cries like a bitch. I'd judge him for it but I know myself and that I'll probably do the same in just a few months time. December seems forever away and part of me wishes I could just sweep Jes off her feet and marry her today. I know she wants a perfect wedding though and I'll do anything to make her happy.

The ceremony is short and sweet, the happy couple seals the deal with a kiss and we all exit and make our way to the larger garden for the reception.

The night passes quickly with first dances and toasts. Jes finds her way to my side and we share several dances. I love the way she fits in my arms, I love the way I feel dancing with her, when everyone knows she's mine. I can't stop myself from leaning down to kiss her. I never thought I'd know love like this. Hell, for a long time I didn't think I'd find love at all. I was happy alone, until I knew the kind of happiness she had brought me. I couldn't even put into words the joy I got from being her fiancée and Paisley's dad. I couldn't fathom my life without them anymore, and I'm glad that hopefully I'll never have to. Jes makes me want to be better, Paisley makes me want to be better. Even when Jes and I were apart, I'd still been a better version of myself than I was before I knew her. Loving her changed me, and it was definitely for the better.

The DJ announces its time for the father daughter dance and Sierra and her dad take the floor. I feel my throat grow tight as I think about dancing with P on her wedding day some time in the very distant future. They call for all fathers and daughters to join in on the dance floor and I scoop Paisley up without hesitation. I hold her to my chest and she rests her head against me as I sway with her to the music. I spin to find Jes staring at us with a smile on her face. I keep my eyes on her as I continue to dance with P. It's such a weird thought that she's growing up. It feels like just yesterday I was watching her be born, now she can talk and walk and soon she'll be going to school and growing up. I don't want to dwell on the future, instead I choose to be present for the now. Where all is right with the world and tonight I get to give both my girls a spin on the dance floor.

An: so many feels 🖤

Thanks for your reads, votes, and comments!

Ily!
Sav 🖤