21

21-

"Amy? You good?" A young girl says snapping Amy to reality. "You were about to say what to do after the bloodbath"

"Sierra?" Amy says in disbelief, before hugging her. "Sorry, um make 1 or 2 allies and only initiate violence if necessary"

"Alright... I'll hopefully see you soon" Sierra says trying to make light out of the situation. "And send me a gift when you finally hook up with Mr Bowen"

Amy just smiles. "Whatever, just try to survive please, I need girl advice"

"Just for you I will," She says as she leaves. Everything flashes at her.

"Wait!" Amy yells sprinting towards her. "Don't stop moving at the feast or just stay hidden"

Then they hug. Even though she wants every single other tribute out, this one will matter most to her. Then Sierra's gone, and in a second so is Amy.

The district 4 female terminal lurking with the lives of so many brave women like Mags and Annie. Each with a sole purpose to survive for someone. Most forget why after the years go by but Amy never forgets.

She wanted to survive to prove she wasn't weak to her best friend. She survived for Alex.

-

Echo of the hovercrafts leading each person to their inevitable demise haunting every shallow movement it encounters. 23 children won't be returning if Erabella does it right. Now it's all down to the 14-year old girl. It's the kind of sacrifices people have to make.

She can see everyone yelling and screaming at the floating machines. The lights almost guide her towards the control room. Her mission lies there. She can't fail.

The walk is so familiar nobody questions her as she walks by. They know who she is. Some know why she's here. She looks at the elevator carefully as it makes its descent down to the ground floor.

Erabella presses the A3 button. The elevator slowly rises to the game maker revival floor. Hayley's work. When the door opens Hayley doesn't notice.

"You shouldn't do this"

Its the first time she doesn't regret standing with the evil game. She has to if they are to survive.

"Bella, what are you doing here!" Hayley whispers. Erabella had missed that sweet voice. It brings her to tears as she ran and hugged her. "Why?"

"I can't lose you again!" Erabella wails. She thinks for a moment. "If you save someone from this arena everyone will die, I lived through it, please don't do this"

Hayley just looks blankly. "I die"

"And more!"

That was it. Hayley just walked over to the control panel. She turned to Erabella. "Lava or height?"

"Lasers" Erabella replies.

She set it and they left hiding Erabella as they returned to the president. Cuddling tightly as they turned on the tv. The countdown began as Erabella could almost see Felicity, Viscera and Bonnie look at each other caringly. None of them would make it out alive.

Everyone knew that.

Bonnie's POV -

The original plan from what was a month ago is out the window. I want nothing more than to ensure Vivian's victory or at least someone other than Ellie.

Its the first time I remember that I'm doing something I've already won again. I know the ins and outs as well more than anyone.

20.

I compose myself smiling to Viscera and Felicity. Then finally mouthing 'I love you' to Vivian.

5.

The knives are tucked in the back. I have to beat Ellie otherwise I'm dead meat. I can do it though. Killing isn't scary anymore, dying won't be scary.

GONG!

I charge scooping up a bag and a single shuriken lying on the ground. Nobody used these last time to my knowledge. I grip it tightly in my hand careful not to pierce the skin.

My course is straight ahead. I see Ellie beginning to kill my district partner. I don't feel as much pain like last time. The knives are in my sight now. The 2 satchels containing the only throwing knives fall into my arms and I tighten them around me.

Ellie looks at me completely consumed by rage. I'm in the cornucopia horn. Everything around me. Ellie has the last dagger in her hand as she lets it fly.

It soars through the air and lodges itself in the bag. Gripping the shuriken I rush at her. And she runs.

The once-feared Ellie runs from the 13-year-old Bonnie Wright. I charge as fast as I can at shuriken in hand, bag on the back. I need to get this kill.

Pouncing I land on Ellie as she struggles beneath me. I can see Viscera and Vivian run into the cornucopia. Victor looks at us and runs, the right decision. Bayley and Herger smile and run to the hill where Felicity is.

Ellie squirms for a while. I stare at her with my still innocent eyes. "Quick or give the capitol a show"

She begins to turn blue. I feel the most guilt I've ever felt yet I want her to die.

"Easy..." I say quietly before using the shuriken to slice her neck and a 2 on her heart. "I'm sorry"

I turn around to see Vivian and Viscera rummaging through the gear. The shuriken I tuck in my bag and grab one of the knives and slowly reach forward to touch Ellie's skin. Stone Cold.

She's dead. Something is frightening that the girl who was the biggest threat in the arena is dead. I stab her rotting corpse with the knife before going to Vivian and Viscera.

We sit down in silence as the hovercrafts fly above us and take the bodies.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

8. It's different now.

"I'm not leaving," I say breaking the silence. Viscera looks at me and nods, Vivian just spits his food out.

"We can kill everyone and leave one person remaining. I think Amy would like Sierra to win." Vivian suggests.

After a while, the capitol anthem blares through the arena letting us see who is dead.

Ellie. No surprises there. Nobody feels guilty for death, except for me. I killed her, I'm the biggest target.

Victor. He must have been killed retreating from the cornucopia.

Lana and Bolt. Jewel and Basil killed them respectively during the bloodbath.

Then the original deaths of Cooper, Cara, Weaver and Albert.

Vivian thinks I'd be upset over Weaver's death but I close my eyes and go to sleep. All I can wonder is if Erabella succeeded.

Otherwise, I killed Ellie for nothing.

--

We're in the endgame now folks. 1 or 2 more chapters (maybe even 3) depending on how many things I have left to fill in.