18

The Capitol...

Blair's hopeless face rips everything from her as she charges towards the revivals fists clenched. Giving everything she's got.

She picks up an axe lying on the ground. Although not used to the feeling in her hand of possibly killing someone with it she continues onwards.

Briar sees this new Blair and begins to make moves towards, what she assumes, is her mother's body. Body quaking she looks forward and shuts her eyes while holding her cold hand tightly.

She begins to scavenge her clothes before they remove the bodies for anything of importance. On London is a necklace with a picture of Briar and Blair, a wedding ring and a small pocket knife.

'

Briar waves away the knife and notices the revived Lara standing above her with a brand new axe. She rolls away from the axe as it slams into the ground with a thud.

Her legs begin to shake as Lara turns to face her. The temptation to run away is calling to her but she just freezes. Briar Flickerman stops in a moment of true horror and fear as she is faced with the blade of the axe. Until she comes to her senses.

Gathering enough strength slides under the axe tripping Lara up, sending the axe well into the dirt. Lara, knowing picking up the axe will kill her, stands with her fists clenched.

Lara makes the first move hitting Briar in the gut and thigh, slowly bringing her to the ground. Briar gets a good hit on Lara to allow enough time to alert Secera.

Before Lara can gain enough time to stand she collapses to the ground with an arrow in the back of the head. Secera never misses. Grabbing the axe in the ground charges off into the battle with the no longer afraid Secera by her side.

---

President Snow sits cackling in his throne as he watches the onslaught beneath him. Freya, his advisor, is at his side standing frozen at the horror. She looks to him and see the crimson blood shining on his beard.

Quaking in fear, all Freya can think about is Lela. The only reason why she is here standing next to someone she long ago admired, until she met him in the flesh. Most of the capitol admired him, but very few knew his secrets.

"Have a drink Freya, you've earned it" Snow says with his not so pearly like teeth smiling at her.

The drink was one of them. Freya was one of the few people that knew what it meant. Death, and a quick and painless death. She would take a sip immediately if she didn't know that Lela is tucked away in her bed sleeping soundlessly as her father watches.

"I can't sir" she says quickly, praying for him to notice her panicked state. "I don't drink"

"Then I guess I'll have to give it to you myself" Snow says sighing as Freya rushes to the door.

Pounding as hard as she can screaming for help from anyone. To spare the woman from the grasp of Corilenus Snow. Erabella is the only thought that comes to mind as she ducks and run to the other side of the room.

Erabella, Snows biggest secret. Only many deasced tributes and several victors know about her existence. Hidden away so the Snow line can continue, If Hayley was to die. She was hiding in plain sight.

By this point the ducking and dodging has turned into a tango with Freya leading. She can hear the shrieks rattling in her ear as she moves closer to the window.

"ERABELLA!"

The only word she manages to shriek as she continues to tango around the once great President Snow.

---

Amy can see everything as she slowly begins to retreat to the training centre. A place she never wanted to return. But she has to, she has to get the trident.

The voices don't stop, and they don't seem to want to leave. Every death a new voice joins. But only she has the courage to kill Snow. Everyone else is just a pawn in his game. There is a reaon for the voices entering her mind.

The big metal doors of the training room open letting Amy walk through with ease. She walks over to the tridents instantly, feeling the three there before mucking around in the simulation with all three.

The shallow quietness the walls enclose is only awoken with the thud of the tridents hitting the wall. Despite what Amy wants to think she still has the skill.

Grabbing a sharp dagger on her way out she leaves the room with the door slowly shutting behind her. Every moment she wastes another moment Snow wins.

Her pace slowly begins to pick up as she navigates the palace. After a while she notices a small white room. Carefully holding out her dagger as she creaks open the door to see inside.

Televisions cascade down the walls as she watches a young girl sit and watch. Everywhere is dread. Several channels for each district, many for the capitol and Snow's offices.

She all of a sudden catches a glimpse of blonde hair flowing down the young girls back as she begins to tie it up. It all is too familiar to her. The hair that only belongs to one person.

"Erabella..." Amy says in a slow, hushed, whisper. The name seems to shake the girl to reality, pulling out the knife tucked in her pocket. The light of the televisions illuminating her in the darkness.

"Who's there" Erabella says quietly, slowly inching towards the door knife poised, until she sees the shadow of a trident pointing upwards. "Come in..."

Amy sighs a quick breath of relief when Erabella tells her to come inside. She thought she would have killed her there on the spot. As she gets a closer look at the televisions she spots Snow and Freya in their battle as well as the heart of the capitol full of blood a battling souls.

"Stay here, I need to do some business" Erabella says to Amy without looking away from the screen. Amy is in shock to say anything as she watches in more horror than she had in her games.

Erabella quietly exits without a noise leaving the room as silence surrounds Amy. As if a crash of lightning hit every camera, it goes dark. Then only charred remains of all the districts.

If Snow goes down, he is damn sure to take everyone with him.

I finally finished it! I have figured out that I may have more than 1 chapter left. In this chapter it focused on Briar/Blair, Freya/Snow and Amy/Erabella. The next chapter is going to be Aysha/Jordan?, Harper/Lynx and Erabella/Snow/Freya.

See you next time.

Snow is Melting - Book 1 - A Hunger Games Fan FictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara