14

Under popular demand by one of my friends I will finish this book, but will not be making a sequel as originally planned. In a few years time, I will come back to this and edit it all. But currently, I am doing a collab with one of my friends which is going to go out on this account later this year. Without further ado, the filler chapter (14)

Renee's POV - 14

Something clicked inside me.

At first, I wanted to just kill children. That's why I volunteered.

Now I want to save some lives instead of ending them.

Nightfall arises.

Bonnie is my number 1 priority. Then Star and Bryn.

I fall back in my bed. I turn on the TV fearing what I'm going to see.

First is district 1. It's all insane, Bryn being alive lit something. Star's lover and the twins ally's sister alive. I can't help but feel that it's my fault.

Then It's District 2. My district. It's less hectic than 1 but still bad. I have to adjust my eyes to see who I'm seeing on the stage. Ellie and Victor as malicious as always.

Then District 3. It's silent. They haven't had anything to fight for they only cried for Lana and Bolt. They wanted to go, not to stay.

District 4 is nothing. Just uprooted plants and trees. Dirt filled water sources. But there are people. People from 3 helping the people of 4.

District 5 is bad. Felicity and Bryn being alive. The 2 darlings of the district. They are lucky they aren't dead like 10 and 4. There is fire everywhere, corpse's on that matter.

District 6 is calm. They are starving but living. Their tributes died in the bloodbath as always. Some are in District 5 helping with the transport of getting them to safer places. They are the reason people are alive.

I don't need to look at district 7. It's just blood and screams. The train is already there helping people to safety. I immediately switch over to district 8. Nothing is different except for everyone is inside stuffing their stomachs with Bonnie's winnings.

9 is nothing new. 10 is nothing at all. 11 and 12 are as normal as always.

I turn the tv off.

Is there even anything waiting for me? Life? Death? Happiness?

Will my friends be alive or do I need to save some new ones?

Should I save the others?

Or should I let them die?

Aysha's POV -

Will I live? Or will I die?

Jordan has become more distant every day. More so like Amy. He keeps muttering names. Like Amy but less insane.

"May-" He's off again. "Where is she?"

The only person I ever knew with May in their name is Maya, my younger sister. But she never cared for me and Jordan. Never in her life. We were her shadow that she needed to live up to.

Jordan being the smartest in the district and me, her victor sister. She was pressured into our parent's standard's that myself and Jordan escaped upon my victory. The house filled with the ghost of my murders.

Me coming home from my games gave Jordan hope. We already lost too many to the games.

Hera - Jordan's twin - in the 77th games, the one Renee won. She was 12 and died in the bloodbath by coincidently Renee.

Then, Britt, Juliet and Liam followed in the 78th, 79th and 81st.

Every year. Jordan was lucky.

Maya was a lost cause after the 81st. But she wasn't.

I want her to be back to normal but she won't be for some time. And I'll be dead by then.

"Psst!" Someone loudly whispers. "Aysha!"

I shuffle over to them. It's Renee and Bonnie. "What do you want?" I half spit.

"Wake up the others! We are getting out of here!" Bonnie explains.

"How?" Renee points to a pair of keys she has been holding.

I nod and wake everyone up. Harper, Lynx, Jordan, Amy, Star and Bryn. They all move to the bars where Renee is working on the lock. It clicks and we creep out.

"We need to get District 10 and 4" Bonnie explains. "Renee grab weapons with Amy, Jordan and Harper, Myself, Star, Bryn, Lynx and Aysha will get everyone, after every release or so Star and Bryn will lead them to you, Lynx and Aysha will stay with me... Until we get to Vivian and Viscera" Bonnie explains. "We will then met at this point with weapons" We all nod and go in different directions but not before Bonnie says one last piece of advice. "Stay Safe"

We all walk off in our directed routes. Star and Bryn coming and going.

"Hey Lynx?" I ask her.

"Yeah?" She says.

"Who's Secera?" I ask. Harper, Amy and Lynx have been mentioning her name a lot recently.

"Secera Holster was Harper and I's ally in our games, I convinced Harper to yank her from the bloodbath instead of her appearing in the sky. She died in the final fight" She pauses. "But Harper heard her scream last night"

I stand in shock. Bonnie opens up the last cell and drags myself and Lynx back to the meeting point.

"Aysha Hurry Up!" She pushes and I turn to jog next to her. "I lost someone to the games as well... Leonie ... She was reaped last year in Amy's games... She was my best friend... Amy killed her on accident... Then I lost Vivian, Viscera and Felicity... They are all back... But I lost Clare and... Seaven... I know your pain now with all of your loses... We won't lose another..."

I hope She is right.

We won't lose another until I am dead.

Viscera's POV -

How am I alive?

I have had hours of torture more so for Vivian. He just sits watching me get punished. Vivian, a small girl and Myself all trapped in a room. Snow let me be with Vivian today along with the small girl. Vivian doesn't know that I'm not getting the treatment today.

"Vivian!" I say running out of the room into my best friends arms. He wraps his arms around me.

"Bonnie is coming to save us... Stay quiet..." He whispers in my ear.

I nod and run to the small girl. "Hey..."

"Hey..." She says frightened. "I'm Secera Holster"

"Viscera Doll" I introduce. "I'm 13 from what was District 10"

"I was 12 when I died" I freeze. "What games just happened?"

"84th," Vivian says. "Vivian Smith, 13 from 10 as well"

"Oh!" Secera says. "I should be 15 then, I died in the 81st... Do you know who won?"

"Harper and Lynx," I say. She smiles. They must have been Allies. "Then Victoria from 2 in the 82nd, Amy from 4 in the 83rd, and Bonnie our friend from 8 this year"

The girl smiles and walks to the wall. "Why am I alive? I thought I was dead I saw the arrow hit my shoulder?"

"You were in a coma Secera," A mysterious voice says. "You lost so much blood you were in a coma"

"Who are you?" Vivian asks the shadow.

"Lyra," The shadow says. "Believe me I'm not someone you should-"

There was a loud crash. The door blew down.

"Viscera," I say quickly. "Vivian is the boy"

We all turn our attention to the door. There holding multiple weapons (Mostly Axes) are the rest of the prisoners.

"Well Get Up Then!"