✨Sunshine✨

Requested by @Il0vEcOoKiE

Enjoy Reading!!

Warning | Spoilers

⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉❀⇇⇇⇇⇇⇇⇇⇇

"Oi Rengoku!"

You called out to you're fellow hashira that was walking towards his new mission on the train with some other demon slayers named Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke.

"Oh (Name)! Fancy seeing you here!!"

You stood infront of him as he smiled warmly at you, it even made you're heart flutter.

"Becareful got that!" You looked away from him and crossed you're arms, heat rushing on you're cheeks. "Of course! I'll even bring you're favorite (FavCandy)!!" You're eyes lit up at the sound of you're favorite candy was mentioned. You looked at him with gleaming eyes.

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

You both held you're hands infront of you and crossed you're pinkies, a smirk made its way to both of you're faces before laughing.

"I'll see you soon, sunshine!"

"Same to you, (FavNickname)!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Soo Oyakata-sama's condition is getting worse, and he won't allow you to check his desease because he thinks that his wasting you're time on someone who's gonna die?"

The petite woman infront of you nodded as she took some blood samples from you, considering that you we're a marechi, unlike everyone.

"I really hope he'll get better soon, right Shinobu?"

The said girl giggled and continued her own business on you're blood. As silence engulfed you, you couldn't help but wonder of you're dear friend coming back.

"Hmm, when do you think Rengoku's coming back, Shinobu?"

She kept writing in her desk without looking up, her clenched her fists realizing that you we're on a mission when the message that Rengoku had become the Upper Moon 3 alongside Akaza.

It seemed that everyone couldn't bring to tell you that Rengoku had become a demon, it seemed like it would hurt you dearly, since you we're so close to the said man.

"I bet his gonna arrive sooner or later  (Name)-san.." Shinobu gave you a forced gentle smile, trying to fight the urge to tell you what had really happen.

"Oh I see! I think that he would bring me tons' of candy!!" She laughed at you're enthusiasm before frowning and eventually, started crying.

"Hey! What's wrong?!"

You quickly stood up and comforted you're Insect hashira friend. You cooed some sweet loving words into her ear, wanting to make her happy again.

"I.. I'm sorrt I couldn't say anything.. (Name)-san."

"Eh?"

She held onto you're haori and looked at you with glossy, yet beautiful eyes.

"Rengoku-san's.... "

The mentiom of you're friend brought you're interest on what she was gonna say.

Rengoku's what?? C'mon and tell me, Shinobu!

You looked down at her with such pleading eyes, begging to let her tell you what had really happen.

"Rengoku-san had... be- become.... a d-d-demon.."

Demon

That was the only word that kept circulating in you're brain as you stared at Shinobu with lifeless eyes. Not even thinking, you head out. Out to where Tanjiro and the others were in.

"Tanjiro!"

The said boy snapped his gaze towards you, his eyes shown confusion but also regret. He can smell it, he can smell that you had sadness within you.

"Yes, (Name)-san?"

You walked over to him, avoiding his gaze away from you as you fought the urge to cry, I mean you are his senior afterall. You didn't want to look vulnerable infront of him.

"About Rengoku.. is it true??"

The burgundy haired boy immediately knew what you we're talking about. He was there to witness you're bestfriends last and new life afterall.

"Yes.."

That was it. You lost it and cried, whether it's embarrassing or not, you didn't care. All you cared was about the new information that you had recently received.

"I'm really sorry (Name)-san. No one could bring themselves since it would break you're heart if you found out."

You clenched his bedsheets, you're tears never seemed to end, and memories of you and Rengoku came flooding back to you.

"But he did have one last message for you." You looked at him, eagerly wanting to know what was his message. You're glossy (Colour) eyes met with his red orbs as you stared at each other.

"He said.."

Flashback..

“I've always wanted to tell you this ever since we became bestfriends..”

You held out you're hand to the flame hashira in attempts of helping him.
"C'mon Rengoku! We'll miss it!"
He gladly took it and pushed himself up, before loosing his steps and tripped over you.

"Ahh!! I'm so sorry (Na)-.."

As he hovered over you, he could perfectly see you're beautiful features.

You're (Colour) hair that glistened beneath the moon's light, you're (Colour) orbs that showed so much pureness and innocence.

“You we're very beautiful.. way more beautiful than any girl in the world..”

"Rengoku.. san?"

You're sweet, gentle voice that echoed through my ears, hoping to hear it once more. The moon's dim light made you even more beautiful, making you seem like a Goddess.

“And I wanted to tell you that I...”

End..

An image of Rengoku crossed you're mind, holding out a hand for you to grab. A caring smile plastered on his delicate figure.

“I love you, (Name)!!"

You're grip on Tanjiro's bedsheets slowly loosen, you're tears poured out like waterfalls, mouth open, as you tried to process what he had said.

"I..."

You smiled sadly, looking outside the window. You stood up and went towards the window.

"I love you too, Rengoku! Wherever you are!!" You shouted before falling to you're knees, tears poured more and more, with Tanjiro comforting you.

Somewhere...

A certain blonde turned around, feeling alert as if someone called out to him. His partner, Akaza, turned to him confusingly.

"What's the matter, Rengoku?"

"Nothing." He sped up his pace and went ahead towards their destination.
A small smile plastered over his now demon-like features.

(●´ϖ'●)

Word Count: 976
Sorry for the lack of updates!!
I didn't know what to write to this so, I hope it's okay.

Anyways, follow me on Insta!
@muichiwo.00
and
@hanakokun.00
💞💞💞

美代子響