CHAPTER 37

I wrote the first draft of this chapter while playing Angry Birds Seasons since I got stuck a lot. It was weird but it turned out that the game helped me a lot to write :P Yet, I apologize for the flaws since I am too lazy to read carefully what I have written for this chapter.

CHAPTER 37

"Wh...what are you saying? I can't..."

"Are you freaking deaf now? I am saying I want to disband HEAVENS," the old man said coldly.

No, this one was the coldest remark that Eiichi had ever heard from his father. Usually, the geezer would beat around the bush which Eiichi could not stand it. Most of the time, he wished his father to come straight to the point because the man's words or orders were selfish or only beneficial solely to the man.

But this time, it was different. Eiichi desperately wished that his father would use flowery words to ease his heart first before announcing the news that would destroy a big part of his life.

It was about HEAVENS's future. These people went through painful and strict training and diet routine for the brand so why Otori had been so ignorant about the band whose songs had topped the charts for a lot of times after STARISH's downfall?

STARISH... Tokiya... That was when his mind painfully but conveniently echoing those two taboo words.

"Does that bastard agree to work with you?" He said slowly. He might want to shout but this time, he had given his father one last chance to at least announce the disbandment nicely.

"Mind your words, Eiichi. Who do you think you're talking to..."

"I am asking, does that bastard agree to work with you!?" Eiichi exploded with rage as he fought the tears that welled up in his eyes.

"Don't call him bastard when he's way better than you!" Otori shot up from his seat, facing his son who was as tall as him.

"So, you do know who I am calling bastard. You do know who I resent the most for all this time. You do know those frigging things but why are you so ignorant about it..."

"That's bound to happen. When you're always compared to someone who you will never on a par with, you end up resenting him the most. Plus, does it make any difference if I side with my son who is always the loser in this battle? You wasted everything I invested for you so can you imagine how disappointed I am? Luckily, Eiji does not end up like you. Unlike you, he makes my life easier."

"So, does it mean you will only keep Eiji with you?" Eiichi asked in disbelief. His fair-skinned face was red from all the emotions that were waiting so hard to explode again since they were triggered by Otori's malicious decision. "What about others then?"

"Well, he said to keep Eiji with me because his talent is exceptional. Tokiya is right, though. I bet they will be a good partner, just like the duet project between STARISH and HEAVENS a few years back."

Tokiya with Eiji...

"I am asking you, what about others..."

"God is up there for a reason, Eiichi. You shouldn't treasure your friendship once you join this industry. Do you think they will appreciate you even when you give them everything? No. Everyone is greedy in their own way. They work hard because they want to survive on their own. Even for your teammates, do they work hard for the freaking HEAVENS? No, they want to shine alone. Human beings are mean and greedy by nature, Eiichi. Just look at Tokiya. He works hard on his own so without STARISH, he still can survive. You should follow his lead..."

"Don't you ever mention that bastard again!"

It was too fast. Otori could not comprehend what happened as he felt a pair of strong hands throttling his neck. He struggled but his body was pushed violently against the wall. Eiichi who stood behind his desk since a few minutes ago now was right in front of him, all looking daggers at him.