CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6

A few hours ago...

"I do love him but this is too much. I don't think I can be his slave anymore. He mooched off me, he abused me... I think a bastard like him doesn't deserve to live..."

"Oh my... Is she really going to kill him?" Masato mumbled anxiously. He balled his hands into fists when the female lead of the morning drama lifted a knife, preparing to stab her sleeping husband to death.

"I am sorry, dear... I love you. I do love you but I am so tired of this..."

"Please, don't murder him... It's not good for your future, you know? At least think about your children," like a supporting character who could only watch the situation in horror, Masato's eyes practically glued to the screen. It was impossible for him to notice his wife's presence, standing at the door quietly.

"What show is he watching?" Haruka murmured. While holding a basket of dry clothes, she made her way closer to the television. "Oh... this drama... No wonder he reacted like that."

She could relate to her husband since she was also the fan of the drama, The Reprisal. The fact that it was based on a real-life event had made a lot of audience greatly invested their emotions. Yet, Masato's dramatic reaction amused her the most. He was the same with the old him; very manly but sometimes getting too invested in a TV drama.

Haruka smiled cheekily before standing in front of the TV, blocking Masato's view.

"Ah, Haruka... Please, don't do that. It's almost..." As soon as Haruka moved, the credits appeared slowly with a tragic music background, starting with the director's name. "The end..."

Haruka laughed at Masato's pitiful but cute disappointment. She settled the basket on the bed, opposite her husband. A chummy smile appeared on her sweet face but the next thing that escaped from her pink lips was not as sweet.

"She still killed her husband and was sentenced to death," Haruka said casually, picking Masato's green shirt from the basket to fold. As she spoke, the husband believed that he heard a dramatic and petrifying sound effect, escorting Haruka's voice.

"What? She really killed him?" Masato's eyes sized up. He leaned forward to Haruka, oblivious with the fact that his hands just pressed the shirt on the bed, impeding his wife from folding it. "But why? Why couldn't she think of their children first?"

"I believe a depressed person like her could not think straight anymore. All she thought was she wanted to end her suffer. Her children were no longer in her mind."

Haruka's answer brought Masato back to his upright posture. His eyes stared at particularly nowhere but his mind was swirling with many kinds of thoughts.

A husband who only eats and sleeps at home while his wife works hard and feeds him, Masato thought, analyzing the main characters back. He felt something heavy tugged his weak body.

The husband is just like me.

His blue eyes observed every inch of his wife's face. The light make-up was not enough to cover her weariness. Her golden eyes were reddish from staying up late at night in order to compose a few songs for an idol group.

Was it possible for Haruka to suffer from a depression like Kyoko and ended up killing him?

If something happened to us, what'll happen to our daughters? Masato's wild imagination due to watching too many dramas nowadays had played its role well. It managed to push him to pick his dark blue jeans from the basket frantically before settling it flatly on the bed.