CHAPTER 2

WARNING: For HEAVENS, I just put five members instead of seven. I apologize but the first reason is there will be too many casts and I want to cut down the characters whom I don't need their presence in this story. The most solid reason will be revealed later.

CHAPTER 2

"Okay, let's take a break for fifteen minutes!" Without waiting for his teammates' response, Otori Eichii pressed the 'pause' button. Their latest song which would be promoted soon stopped echoing in the vast training room, replaced with the different layers of short pants from the five members of HEAVENS, a popular boy band.

When he turned to meet eyes with his four teammates, he knew he would see the different expression but still suggested the same definition. Some of them were busy wiping the droplets of sweat across their faces but their eyes still shot perplexity to their leader, Eichii.

"We practiced long enough since this morning. I don't want anyone to pass out. Plus, I think all parts are perfect already," Eichii remarked softly. He was proud to see the progress of each of his teammate and he was positive that they would succeed with their new album this time...

And beat a certain idol.

"Really, Eichii?" Mikado Nagi, the youngest member in the group asked. His hands held his knees for a support. "Do you think it's perfect already?"

"Yes, Nagi," Eichii replied which Nagi responded with a bright grin. It always felt nice when his teammates did not hesitate to put their trust in him.

"Eichii is right. It'll be better to take a break," Otori Eiji, Eichii's brother supplied before bringing his watch close to his eyes. "Plus, it has been four hours. Our body still needs sufficient rest."

"Oh, we are taking a break for real? What a relief! To be honest, I am so spent right now!" Kiryuin Van, a guy with a strong Kansai accent exclaimed. He lifted his arms into the air, relieving his sore muscles after the complex dancing.

"But, are you sure we have zero flaws already, Eichii?" Sumeragi Kira asked. The black-haired guy was usually very quiet but every time he voiced out his thought, nobody could deny him being analytical. "It's not like I don't trust you but to say that we are perfect, I believe your father doesn't..."

"Yes, trust me. We are HEAVENS anyway," Eichii said before his pink lips formed a handsome smirk.

That was right. The popularity that they possessed had completely changed their life. They were no longer the second in priority. They were no longer the boy band that would end up as the second choice in every award, shows, and interviews.

"You know that's not what I mean, right, Eichii?" Kira said. His expression did not change but the sternness in his voice sent the others froze on their spot.

"Trust me, Kira. Plus, we just took 15 minutes break. It's not like we are going to stop practicing for good so just relax for a bit," Eichii said, still wearing his calm demeanor despite Kira's skeptical expression.

The president is not in this town today. That's why I suggest a slightly longer break.

He wanted to state his thought but Eiji was here. He did not want his brother to know the true color of their 'beloved' president.

Except for Eichii, everybody was sitting up on the floor. Eiji and Kira were talking to each other about their songs while the louder members, Van and Nagi were reading a newspaper together. Their body might feel leaden but their mouth could not stop gossiping about any celebrity that caught their interest.